Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FSX officially announced!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pochflyboy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: FSX officially announced!!!! Reply with quote

FSX has been officially announced. The good news for us is "Backward compatibly with existing 3rd party content is and has always been a priority for us, and we attempt to test as many add-ons as possible in order to provide the greatest level of compatibility." Though this quote does not fully support that FSUIPC or other programs alike will still work with it, I would bet they will, or get a patch quickly after to fix them. Microsoft still only says that the release is Q4, but at least we know it is before X-MAS!
You can check out screen shots here (notice there are BIRDS):
http://www.avsim.com/pages/0106/FSX/fsx_thumbs.html
And you can see the Q&A from the press release here:
http://www.avsim.com/pages/0106/FSX/qanda.html
USA
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grrrrrrr. who cares about seing the rivets on your aircraft
By the way what is Windows Vista?.....
Pochflyboy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows Vista is the next OS that is going to be released. For example, there was Win98, WinME, Win2000, WinXP, and now there is WinVista (previously named Longhorn). Rivets are not what I care about, its the fact that there are birds flying every were, the water reflects realistically, there are buildings ALL OVER THE PLACE!, and the I have heard there is moving car traffic. All this means that when flying into an airport for landing (or takeoff) you will see realism never reached before by ANY private sim at a simple cost of around $50-$60 USD!!! Just amazing!!!
USA
warvet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup looks great,
But I'll believe it when I get it in my hot lil hands. Very Happy. There maybe lots of Birds but that to eat all the damn BUGS that will probably come with this product lol. Very Happy

Tim
A340
Canada
dnoize

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do these birds fly into my engine and cause a flame out ?

hmmm something more for enrico to add to the instructors station: birdstrike !

Laughing

Stef
brissydave

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope we can make something good once again out of all the crap they are putting together for little jimmy and granpa jo.
warvet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL @ Dave Very Happy where do you get your material Dave lol

Tim
A340
Canada
brissydave

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno, just listening to the voices i suppose. Twisted Evil
Karl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relating to Microsoft’s New software, my good old mate Chris Balmer sent me this link... http://www.fsplanet.com/fsplanet_com_fsx.htm
He always has his finger on the pulse! Better then somewhere else I suppose. LOL Laughing

Regards,

Karl
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
hope we can make something good once again out of all the crap they are putting together for little jimmy and granpa jo.

ABSOLUTLY RIGHT!!!All these rivets, bug eating birds (good one Tim), and aluminum reflections outside our cockpits just eat up processing power!! and what we need above all to feel as real as it gets is fluidity, and that at an affordable($) level...hope our servers will keep up, that Pete Dawson will not quit, and that the new version will improve in still needed areas, like more realistic flight models for the heavies, just to name one...I do not want to sound nasty, but who cares about eycandies like water reflexion, birds or moving cars when flying (mean flying, not on autopilot) a solid IFR approach that keep all your concentration on what a pilot is trained for.
I do not say that visual improvement is unnessary but we already are at a level which far exceeds what multimillion dollar sims live with, and this should not come at a price which makes us chasing year after year the unreachable goal of enjoying a finished product.
Hope I'm wrong
mauriceb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackpilot wrote:

I do not say that visual improvement is unnessary but we already are at a level which far exceeds what multimillion dollar sims live with, and this should not come at a price which makes us chasing year after year the unreachable goal of enjoying a finished product.
Hope I'm wrong

Jack,
You are SO right. All this nice stuff is good for sightseeing in a general aviation airplane, which is something you don't really do in an airliner. I have been in a multimillion simulator and the scenery is pretty basic. I would much prefer a more realistic flight model and I wish that Enrico & company would have created their software to work with X-Plane instead of FS9.

Maurice
Pochflyboy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True you do not "NEED" this stuff, but you cant tell me that new weather improvements, and little eye candies will not make your flights more enjoyable. Also about the flight models, unless you are using the default models that come with FS9, you should have a model that correctly emulates all flight dynamics of the aircraft. Sure it is true that all this is not a necesaty, but the fact is, that it improves the way we sim. It may eat up more CPU power, but with 64bit, and improvements in CPU architectures, this really is just part of progress. Like Bill Gates said in the CES show, "The demand for software is connected to the innovation of hardware". Basically what he means is that software can always take better advantage of hardware. You see that with the fact that FSX and Vista use the new DirectX 10 and many other features from vista. You will get like performance now, with new "eyecandies". I am sure all of you agree that FS2004 does not take full advantage of all the technologies available now. FSX simply fixes that and add on new features that make the users experience more realistic. We sim builders should NEVER decline new advances in technology. These will always benefit us and never hinder us!
USA
RocketRod

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And no one has touched on the hardware to run it. There is not a setup out there today that will run FS9 in it's maximum mode. Then add on you favorite livery, FE, etc, etc, and tune down FS9. My point is that they are saying alot on the graphics, but remember they are talking about it runnung in Vista, another hundred or so smackeroo's. So you all do all the beta testing, building the mini cray's, and i'll wait until you have it perfected. Go ahead and be excited, can't say that I will be any time soon of something that is not here yet, or may likely be delayed.

737NG Pit Builder
Some Assembly Required
mauriceb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pochflyboy wrote:
unless you are using the default models that come with FS9, you should have a model that correctly emulates all flight dynamics of the aircraft

I can't quite agree with you here. I don't know if you have tried flying any of the aircraft in X-Plane, but I think their flight models are measurably superior to anything available for FS9. True, PDMG & the like emulate more of the aircraft systems and make it a more realistic simulation in that sense, but I guess I'm very greedy; I would like a hybrid of X-Plane & FS9 and if I can't have that, I would still prefer X-Plane as is, if the Project Magenta software interfaced with it.

Don't get me wrong, I love the 'eye-candy' as well; it's just that given a choice, I'd prefer an airplane that flies exactly like it does in real life, and FS9 & various add-ons are not quite there yet IMHO Smile

Maurice
brissydave

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is terribly exciting but!...(i love all you guys pretending to be indifferent )Very Happy

tim, the penny dropped!, i just got the clever one about the birds eating the bugs as i was skimming too fast .

as long as i can turn the bird slider to zero and alter the fs9 config settings to make it all look real and put a pile of traffic etc stuff and me local dodgy fs2002 brisbane (thanks shayne butler you genius, really sorry about your dad mate) airport on , i will be happy.
maybe instead of those strange aliens doing the training videos at the start of flightsim 2004, we might see david attenborough talking about the migratory albatross in fs-x and where to download them.....no joke fellas, there are going to be better birds to download after a while arent there?..and we will download them wont we?....that sickness will grow, i can see it now....it will empty the chess clubs out!
i could find myself flying a terradactyl one sad day.
better start the sim now, get in on the ground.

guys in my neighbourhood will be uploading versions of the moving cars with rust and dents or surfboards bolted to the roof or shotguns poking out the windows, just so they feel at home.

oooooo.... those long nights of no flying...just tinkering with fs-x settings and video settings to get it perfect, then looking at what some genius has put on the fsx forum.
good days.

pretty funny how x-plane was a big competitor and now microdicks are calling theirs bla bla-x?
nasty characters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: