Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

X-Plane scenery package

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mauriceb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: X-Plane scenery package Reply with quote

If you think the scenery add-ons for FS9 are good, take a look at the 60 GB global scenery package available for X-Plane. With X-Plane much superior flight models, I really wish that Enrico would make his software compatible with X-plane. Sigh....
http://x-plane.com/

Maurice
Tomlin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realise that your post isnt about the debate between FS and X-Plane, but if you look really hard, you will find that many, MANY real world pilots disclaim X-Plane's long standing claim that it's the best, most realistic flight model. I only post this to keep people informed that there is another side to this argument, and there are many times that Ive read all around the net that this is simply just not true, especially with the add-on aircraft such as PMDG, Ariane, Dreamfleet, and so on. So, just to be clear, not trying to be combative, but just let people know that X-Plane is not so superior to FS.

Waycross, Ga (KAYS)
www.Hangar45.net
Pochflyboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to add, that a lot of people when working with MSFS don't turn up the realism all the way. If you do this it will help increase the realism of your simulator. All the payware models I have flown is MSFS beat out the "feeling" of x-plane any day as long as you do this. Hope this helps. Seems to be one of those things that are easily overlooked.
USA
mauriceb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomlin wrote:
So, just to be clear, not trying to be combative, but just let people know that X-Plane is not so superior to FS.

I'm not trying to be compative either, but I have tried X-Plane as well and I think the 'feeling' you get when you are flying in turbulent weather in a big jet is far better than anything I've felt in FS9 or PDMG. I can also say that with the default Cessna, X-plane is also closer to reality (I have a PPL). But that is my opinion only and I have also read many posts from people who totally disagree with me and many who agree & say X-plane is not even in the same league (both confilicting opinions coming from experienced pilots and/or from flight simmers?.

All I can add is that from my experience only, I would switch to X-plane in a heartbeat if PM worked with it. But then again, I like the smell of jet fumes and many people find it revolting, so who am I to say that I am right? Laughing .

Maurice
Tomlin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Waycross, Ga (KAYS)
www.Hangar45.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: