X-Plane scenery package

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

mauriceb

X-Plane scenery package

Post by mauriceb »

If you think the scenery add-ons for FS9 are good, take a look at the 60 GB global scenery package available for X-Plane. With X-Plane much superior flight models, I really wish that Enrico would make his software compatible with X-plane. Sigh....
http://x-plane.com/

Maurice

Tomlin

Post by Tomlin »

I realise that your post isnt about the debate between FS and X-Plane, but if you look really hard, you will find that many, MANY real world pilots disclaim X-Plane's long standing claim that it's the best, most realistic flight model. I only post this to keep people informed that there is another side to this argument, and there are many times that Ive read all around the net that this is simply just not true, especially with the add-on aircraft such as PMDG, Ariane, Dreamfleet, and so on. So, just to be clear, not trying to be combative, but just let people know that X-Plane is not so superior to FS.
Eric Tomlin
Learjet 45

Waycross, Ga (KAYS)
www.Hangar45.net

Pochflyboy

Post by Pochflyboy »

I just want to add, that a lot of people when working with MSFS don't turn up the realism all the way. If you do this it will help increase the realism of your simulator. All the payware models I have flown is MSFS beat out the "feeling" of x-plane any day as long as you do this. Hope this helps. Seems to be one of those things that are easily overlooked.
Joe
CRJ Simulator
Colorado Springs, CO
USA

mauriceb

Post by mauriceb »

Tomlin wrote:So, just to be clear, not trying to be combative, but just let people know that X-Plane is not so superior to FS.
I'm not trying to be compative either, but I have tried X-Plane as well and I think the 'feeling' you get when you are flying in turbulent weather in a big jet is far better than anything I've felt in FS9 or PDMG. I can also say that with the default Cessna, X-plane is also closer to reality (I have a PPL). But that is my opinion only and I have also read many posts from people who totally disagree with me and many who agree & say X-plane is not even in the same league (both confilicting opinions coming from experienced pilots and/or from flight simmers?.

All I can add is that from my experience only, I would switch to X-plane in a heartbeat if PM worked with it. But then again, I like the smell of jet fumes and many people find it revolting, so who am I to say that I am right? :lol: .

Maurice

Tomlin

Post by Tomlin »

:D
Eric Tomlin
Learjet 45

Waycross, Ga (KAYS)
www.Hangar45.net