Sim737.com - Update!

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

warvet

Post by warvet »

Bravo Maurice my friend, :D
I end my replies here and now and wish Chad much success and best of luck.

Tim
A340
Canada

PaulWood

Post by PaulWood »

Without wishing to add to the debate, I agree with Maurice and Tom - One of the things that attracted me to this forum was the lack of CAPITAL LETTERS!

Chad has done a great job, and is entitled to decide if he wants to charge for knowledge - he should do so off the FDS forum.

There is no harm in selling one's ideas, or experience - after all, that's how most of us make a living - but having been once (rightly)chastised by Peter for an inadvertant reference to a competitor - lets remember where we are! In Peters home.

I agree, that most of what I have learned about sims is from this forum, and for that, I have a large part of my den filled with an aircraft cockpit. But That s my choice, and I decide if I will share my experiences, or try and make money - we have all thought about it guys, so lets not bitch in public.

In conclusion - Chad, I hope you have second thoughts about leaving the forum, and as has been succinctly put by Maurice - its only a hobby - save your CAPS for work.

Greatest respect for all contributors,

Paul
Paul

EMB 145 project
www.erj145sim.net

remont

Post by remont »

Please Chad, stay in the forum.

My point of view :

- Complete EL sheet system for backlighting = 1300 USD with shipping charge to France.
- Since two years, about 30% of my money spent in errors
- Chad plans are 100 USD, customers are happy and says they saved money !

So for 1400 USD, I have all material and an "insurrance" that I'll made it without new order or errors. OK. Can't afford me new errors, too expensive.

We are adults, we all understand each point of view, we decides by ourselves.

Happy backlighting.

DeMuth-Olsen

I'M BACK

Post by DeMuth-Olsen »

Simpals,
After cooling down and bit and receiving a few supporting pep talks from a few friends online, I've decided to continue being a part of the FDS forum. I do admit that it came to a shock when a few people responded the way they did, but you know, everyone is entitled to their opinion, even when it seems hurtful.

Anyway, I believe the best thing for me to do in the event I encounter a post that offends me is simply not respond to it in the forum. However, from this day forward, if I have a problem with someone on the forum, I'll just PM the person instead. I believe handling those occurrences one-on-one will limit these threads from getting out of control. 8-[

But before I make that promise: WARVET, you're like a ticking time bomb in these forums. Maybe tapering your opinions down a bit might help your PR man. Regardless, I don't hold grudges. :wink:
Last edited by DeMuth-Olsen on Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards,
Chad C. DeMuth-Olsen
737NG Cockpit Builder/Pilot
www.sim737.com

mauriceb

Re: I'M BACK

Post by mauriceb »

DeMuth-Olsen wrote:
And WARVET, you're like a ticking time bomb in these forums. Maybe tapering your opinions down a bit might help your PR man. Regardless, I don't hold grudges. :wink:
Yeah, but Tim is still quite 'entertaining' :D and that's one of the things that makes this forum a place I like to visit often.

Maurice

PaulWood

Post by PaulWood »

Chad,

Welcome back!

Sometimes, swallowing one's pride is the most difficult thing to do, and I agree that some of the comments were a bit "off center".

Still, its all part of life's "rich pattern"......

I'm sure other members of the FDS group will appreciate your decision, and look forward to receiving your always helpful and useful advice and tips.

Good Luck! :lol:

Paul
Paul

EMB 145 project
www.erj145sim.net

cwbalmer

Daft question....

Post by cwbalmer »

Sorry to drop in on this so late....

Chad - why on earth are you selling 2 control columns for $950 or individually for $450? Either my maths are terrible or you have gone mad?

This doesn't make much sense to me - would it be worth potentially ordering twice with you to save $50?

Cheers
Regards
Chris

Administrator, Screenshotworld.com
Member of the Bentwaters Aviation Society
Volunteer at the Bentwaters Cold War Museum

DeMuth-Olsen

Re: Daft question....

Post by DeMuth-Olsen »

cwbalmer wrote:Sorry to drop in on this so late....

Chad - why on earth are you selling 2 control columns for $950 or individually for $450? Either my maths are terrible or you have gone mad?

This doesn't make much sense to me - would it be worth potentially ordering twice with you to save $50?

Cheers
Oh my. :roll: No wonder I am not getting these sold. lol I completely neglected seeing that on the page. That's what happens when you are busy! What I am trying to do is sell them both with an incentive to buy them $50 less. I changed the price now. It should be $450 each or $850 for both. Paypal includes the fees after checking out. Thank goodness someone spoke up! lol

Thanks Chris,
Best regards,
Chad C. DeMuth-Olsen
737NG Cockpit Builder/Pilot
www.sim737.com