Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sim737.com - Update!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warvet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo Maurice my friend, Very Happy
I end my replies here and now and wish Chad much success and best of luck.

Tim
A340
Canada
PaulWood

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without wishing to add to the debate, I agree with Maurice and Tom - One of the things that attracted me to this forum was the lack of CAPITAL LETTERS!

Chad has done a great job, and is entitled to decide if he wants to charge for knowledge - he should do so off the FDS forum.

There is no harm in selling one's ideas, or experience - after all, that's how most of us make a living - but having been once (rightly)chastised by Peter for an inadvertant reference to a competitor - lets remember where we are! In Peters home.

I agree, that most of what I have learned about sims is from this forum, and for that, I have a large part of my den filled with an aircraft cockpit. But That s my choice, and I decide if I will share my experiences, or try and make money - we have all thought about it guys, so lets not bitch in public.

In conclusion - Chad, I hope you have second thoughts about leaving the forum, and as has been succinctly put by Maurice - its only a hobby - save your CAPS for work.

Greatest respect for all contributors,

Paul

EMB 145 project
www.erj145sim.net
remont

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please Chad, stay in the forum.

My point of view :

- Complete EL sheet system for backlighting = 1300 USD with shipping charge to France.
- Since two years, about 30% of my money spent in errors
- Chad plans are 100 USD, customers are happy and says they saved money !

So for 1400 USD, I have all material and an "insurrance" that I'll made it without new order or errors. OK. Can't afford me new errors, too expensive.

We are adults, we all understand each point of view, we decides by ourselves.

Happy backlighting.
DeMuth-Olsen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: I'M BACK Reply with quote

Simpals,
After cooling down and bit and receiving a few supporting pep talks from a few friends online, I've decided to continue being a part of the FDS forum. I do admit that it came to a shock when a few people responded the way they did, but you know, everyone is entitled to their opinion, even when it seems hurtful.

Anyway, I believe the best thing for me to do in the event I encounter a post that offends me is simply not respond to it in the forum. However, from this day forward, if I have a problem with someone on the forum, I'll just PM the person instead. I believe handling those occurrences one-on-one will limit these threads from getting out of control. Anxious

But before I make that promise: WARVET, you're like a ticking time bomb in these forums. Maybe tapering your opinions down a bit might help your PR man. Regardless, I don't hold grudges. Wink
www.sim737.com

Last edited by DeMuth-Olsen on Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
mauriceb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: I'M BACK Reply with quote

DeMuth-Olsen wrote:

And WARVET, you're like a ticking time bomb in these forums. Maybe tapering your opinions down a bit might help your PR man. Regardless, I don't hold grudges. Wink

Yeah, but Tim is still quite 'entertaining' Very Happy and that's one of the things that makes this forum a place I like to visit often.

Maurice
PaulWood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad,

Welcome back!

Sometimes, swallowing one's pride is the most difficult thing to do, and I agree that some of the comments were a bit "off center".

Still, its all part of life's "rich pattern"......

I'm sure other members of the FDS group will appreciate your decision, and look forward to receiving your always helpful and useful advice and tips.

Good Luck! Laughing

Paul

EMB 145 project
www.erj145sim.net
cwbalmer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Daft question.... Reply with quote

Sorry to drop in on this so late....

Chad - why on earth are you selling 2 control columns for $950 or individually for $450? Either my maths are terrible or you have gone mad?

This doesn't make much sense to me - would it be worth potentially ordering twice with you to save $50?

Cheers

Administrator, Screenshotworld.com
Member of the Bentwaters Aviation Society
Volunteer at the Bentwaters Cold War Museum
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DeMuth-Olsen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Daft question.... Reply with quote

cwbalmer wrote:
Sorry to drop in on this so late....

Chad - why on earth are you selling 2 control columns for $950 or individually for $450? Either my maths are terrible or you have gone mad?

This doesn't make much sense to me - would it be worth potentially ordering twice with you to save $50?

Cheers

Oh my. Rolling Eyes No wonder I am not getting these sold. lol I completely neglected seeing that on the page. That's what happens when you are busy! What I am trying to do is sell them both with an incentive to buy them $50 less. I changed the price now. It should be $450 each or $850 for both. Paypal includes the fees after checking out. Thank goodness someone spoke up! lol

Thanks Chris,
www.sim737.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: