Please Guys Help me with this

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

maytham

Please Guys Help me with this

Post by maytham »

Hello,,

I have a probleme with starting the SquawkBox programe which i'll use it to connect with Vatsim ATC network.

It's Work very well when I've installed it in the same computer with Flightsimulator. But, When I bought FSUIPC and WideFS I decided to install it in sapreate computer(My Laptop).

So I did every thing very well and WideFS client connect to the FSUIPC.
But When I run the SquawkBox a massege shown in the screen and it's written on it :
SquawkBox was unable to initiate a multiplayer session. SquawkBox will not start
I check multiplayer session which is in the Flight simulator it's seem to be work when that massege is shown but when I click OK to close that massage the Multiplayer session closed as well.

Any Idea??

Please Help

Maytham
A340

mauriceb

Post by mauriceb »

Maytham,

If you don't get an answer in this forum, you may want to ask your question (or search the posts) in one of the AVSIM forums. There is one dedicated to Procontroller & Squawkbox.

http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az= ... &forum=140

Good luck,
Maurice

maytham

Post by maytham »

Thanks Maurice,,

I hope to get the answer for it.

Maytham
A340

Stevie

Post by Stevie »

Hi Mayhem,

make sure all the pc's have the current version of direct x installed I had a similar problem when I add a new pc to my setup.

Cheers

Stevie

maytham

Post by maytham »

Yes ,, They Have

I tried many thing to do but i stil have the probleme

Maytham
A340

Norman

Post by Norman »

Maytham,

Im probably one of the most frequent users of SB3 on this forum.

After you get the error message are you then able to get the fs machine to see the sb3 multiplayer session on your laptop? In otherwords, in FS if you go to flights | multiplayer | connect - search the IP of the laptop, do you see a session?

Is there a firewall on the laptop or FS PC?
Norman
Forum Admin
Microsoft FS MVP

maytham

Post by maytham »

Hi Norman,,

Yes, When the error massege is shown in the laptop which has got the SB3, I can see the multiplayer session with the user name of my laptop.

But, When I click ok in the error box, the box will closed and the multiplayer session will disappear.

Yes I have FireWall. Unfortunatlly I forgot how to turn off the FireWall :oops: .

Maytham
A340

Norman

Post by Norman »

The firewall is most likely the issue here. If you want we can work though this offlist and get you sorted.

I will need to know a few details especially in regard to what firewall you have so we can get the session running.

Use the PM facility of this forum to contact me.
Norman
Forum Admin
Microsoft FS MVP