Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need some help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tkellogg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: I need some help Reply with quote

I am beginning the process of setting up my network and loading software for my sim. I have loaded MSFS of my server and both FSUIPC and WIDEFS on my server as per Peter's directions in his user's guide. I am getting ready to load WideClient.Exe and WideClient.ini on each client PC and I am confused by the following directions:

On each client PC
1. Place WideClient.Exe and WideClient.ini in any desired folder (I recommend either in the same folder as your FS utility, or a dedicated folder called WideClient).
2. Also install here any bitmap you want WideClient to display as background for your utilities (i.e. replacing the FS panel for which they may have been designed). If you do want to use a bitmap, you will need to edit the WideClient.ini file and add the bitmap filename using the “Background=filename” parameter. (See the section on WideClient parameters, below).

Where is the same folder where FS Utility is located?
What is an example of a desired folder?
What are bitmaps and what does it mean to display as background for your utilities (i.e. replacing the FS Panel for which they may have been designed?

Thanks for any help. I have read the user guides for bothe WIDEFD and FSUIPC and there is a lot of info to digest.
www.creativesimulations.com
kkellogg@bellsouth.net
RocketRod

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Where is the same folder where FS Utility is located?

Mine is PFD on one computer and ECAIS on another. You can name them whatever you want. When you start installing the GC, just use that folder.

Quote:
What is an example of a desired folder?

C:\PFD or C:\ECAIS

Quote:
What are bitmaps and what does it mean to display as background for your utilities (i.e. replacing the FS Panel for which they may have been designed?

Not sure, as I never did anything with this one. Checked my WideClient.ini on the seerver and clients, no entry at all that pertains to that.

Course, someone else may know the answer.

737NG Pit Builder
Some Assembly Required
warvet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,
Let me help you my friend a bitmap is merely a picture. all Peter D is saying is if you'd like to identify the program wideclient as anything other than the normal blue square as default, you are able to change it to something else. However to make this change you must find the picture you desire to use and name it, this name must now replace the default bitmap name in the ini file so you are able to see it. Hope this helps, all the best. Very Happy

Tim
A340
Canada
tkellogg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

RocketRod and Warvet,

Thanks a bunch guys. You are lifesavers. Programming my sim will probably be my biggest challenge. It is reassuring to know that there is help for those of us who are computer hardware and software challenged. I am sure I will be calling on you again for assistance. By the way Tim, thanks also for blazing the trail on the visual system. I am sure that I speak for a lot of us on the forum who are anxiously awaiting the results of your latest endeavor.
www.creativesimulations.com
kkellogg@bellsouth.net
warvet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Tom,
Just one of the guys Wink Will keep you posted.

Tim
A340
Canada
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: