My Simulator

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

Stoney3K

Post by Stoney3K »

You could also have a look at the smaller aircraft on the market, like the ERJ-145, Fokker 100/70, CRJ or possibly a business jet like a Learjet 45 or a Citation X. Those aircraft are designed for the short haul (my favorites include a Midland flight from EHAM to EGLL on an ERJ145) and Peter has panels available for the ERJ145 and the CRJ, and the Lear 45 is under development. Best part is that software for these birds is relatively cheap (not counting PM), if you want to go the ultra-cheap route you can consider using feelThere birds and undocking displays.

Billy

Post by Billy »

Yeah, I see what your saying. I would either go for a CRJ 700 or a Fokker 100 or 28 if I had to chose. I'll wait and see what appears on the list. But I don't want to go for an aircraft and there isn't alot of things to buy for it, I've learnt that from other builders.

Stoney3K

Post by Stoney3K »

Billy wrote:Yeah, I see what your saying. I would either go for a CRJ 700 or a Fokker 100 or 28 if I had to chose. I'll wait and see what appears on the list. But I don't want to go for an aircraft and there isn't alot of things to buy for it, I've learnt that from other builders.
You can also consider that a challenge. I personally don't like buying a DSTD or a sim made in kit form that only needs to be put together.

Something like this is a multi-year project -- a project that requires careful planning and a lot of knowledge and designing on all fronts of mechanical, electrical and aeronautical engineering. Not something you can do as a hobby -- it's pretty much more of a second life than World of Warcraft :mrgreen: