Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did anyone try MAXIVISTA?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mauriceb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Did anyone try MAXIVISTA? Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone has tried MAXIVISTA. Sounds intriguing but I'm wondering what it would do to the frame rates. The interesting part is that you could have 3 different views (Front, forward right & forward left) without 3 super PCs running 3 copies of FS with Wideview. You would still need 3 PCs, but 2 of them could be cheap , low end PCs.

The downside of course is that the main PC would need to generate the 3 views and this would likely have a big impact on frame rates. But with FS9 and a one high end PC, it may still give decent frame rates.
Could this possibly be a better solution than TripleHeadToGo?

http://www.pcaviator.com/shop/resource/images/products/MAXVPROssLarge3712.jpg

http://www.pcaviator.com/shop/viewAProduct.php?pid=727

Maurice
vidarf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That didn't look like anything else that WideFS???

If it sounds too good to be true, it almost allways is. Would love if anybody had any experiences with this, though...
bwr014

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do a test tonight..

Have my doubs but lets see

gr.

Frans M
frans@flightdecksolutions.com
dcutugno

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem will be the framerate hit, 'cause they need to be 3 undocked not full screen windows and from others tests with projectors with a full screen window you can get best frame rates!

Please report the results
bwr014

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok did do the test.. not a optimal one but just installed the primairy display on my laptop and used my main computer as secondairy screen...

Setup is easy install it and hit run and your second screen on a other computer in your network will become part of the first one.

Started up FS and created on my laptop front view and on second the left top screen.. in a new view window.... there is no delay in the movements and when a building or something else will move from laptop to 2e screen it show up direct without a delay just like if the screens are attached to each other even if you could have your computer 100 mtr away in the network

Only issue as mention before is the framerates.. with fs on laptop i make arround 60 frames .. connected it drops to arround 18 but in my case not seen as a problem or cause a delay... ( not sure how it behave on big senery's) i think if you use a network of 1000 instead of 100 it also will aprove your framerate..

Compair to the wideview and matrox tripplehead it would be a very nice option to use as well and you dont need to run FS on more comps then only your main. So no shitty with weather ect or any other missing things that could happen on a slew mode setup.

You can save your left screen and when you startup the FS again it will automatic open the screen as well on the other computer so no need to drag it everytime again.

Full screen i couldnt get over the 3 monitors but i think that is also protected in the demo version so couldnt test that.

It is a very cheap solution compair to the other options there outthere but for everyone a decision to make by themself.

You can download the demo and give it a try and see how your systems will behave on it..

gr.

Frans M

PS nice extra is that you can take over the second comp by just click on the icon in your taskbar and it will become possible to work on it dubble click on it again and you back in the fs screen..

Maybe also a option for the PMDG guys that now can drag there PFD/ND and ECAIS on different screens ( comps ) no idea how this will work out...
rhys

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frans, I have the Full version and it is a lot better than the Demo. The Frame rates are better on the full version by about 5fps than the Demo.
Billy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see anything really that great about it! I can undock windows anyway without any type of software and get them to show different views to like shown in the example pictures. Is there somthing I'm missing?
bwr014

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Billy you miss the clue that this works over the network not like hooking up 3 screens on one computer Smile

Try to read the text that is mention with the pics.. save a lot of misunderstanding Smile

@rhys cool can you explain bit more? sounds like you was for me in test fase and i assum that in NO demo version it would go even better what is your idea ?

gr.

Frans M
Billy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that hooking with 3 different computers, but I can do that with this program already on my computer. It's not a program it was my graphics card driver. I connected to my computer from laptop using my wireless router when I was in a different room to the computer. It's still good though, but I don't think I'll be needing it.
warvet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Tim
A340
Canada
Billy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, the only thing is I can't remember how I done it. I was just looking around the options on the think driver and I just clicking on somthing like connect to a remote computer or desktop and went from there. I'm going to take a look again now.
rhys

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Frans, I tried the Demo and then the Full version doing the same thing and he full version runs quicker.

The Best thing about Maxivista is this:

In my sim (and most peoples sims) the computers that run the instruments etc are normally hidden away or behind the MIP or something. Now with this program I can use 1 mouse and 1 keyboard for all the screens and move between them easily. This is obviously cheaper than buying a KVM switch or other device.

The other good thing is the projector in the sim can have another screen behind the sim in the control area that is a clone of the main projector screen thus allowing me the ability to adjust screens outside of the sim.

I think its a good program. It has its plus points and bad points but for what I need it to do it does a good job
Suggy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...it's useful for those people who have always wanted FS Navigator runing on a networked PC, although you woul dhave to use the muse/keyboard of the FS9 computer.

Darren
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: