Nice Update From Ian Roy

Dedicated to The Support of All Flightdeck Solutions, Ltd Products

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

pcos
Site Admin

Nice Update From Ian Roy

Post by pcos »

Ian from the UK sent in some shots to update us on his Elite Based A320 Setup.. This project is taking shape very nicely as you can see here:
http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/_ass ... -large.jpg

PC

george

????ARE these ????

Post by george »

:D Hello .......

Looks great ......

Are the standbys gauges and the brake pressure gauge the one from FDS??

Looks great ............

Bey George .....

Ian

Post by Ian »

Hi
In answer to your question the standbys are from Pete with clear plastic covers . The Artifical Horizon/and footrests I have had to make

The air defusers for the speaker panels are from a company called rcmproducts.co.uk the ain't cheap but are a perfect fit

Each section of the MIP is made from 6mm MDF with extra support and the sections are bolted together with 12mm bolts

Using Petes excellent Elite panels as 'face plates' for the monitors as in real life, and and held in position with velcruse means the concept of sectioning the sim for assembly and transportation is not a problem .

pcos
Site Admin

Stbys

Post by pcos »

Ian is glossing over the Stbys.. :)
I make the Guage faces. Ian put at least 20 hours into adding details that I never thought I would see..
PC

markt

Post by markt »

Ian,

Fantastic work, I can only hope to have something that nicely done! Please if you have more pictures please post them even just those ones from the collage sepataley. I do have one question, supports for the MIP , the part at the top looks like it is acouple of inches wide. How do you get a monitor close enough with those boards there. Mymonitors are a few inches Higher than the MIPs?
Thanks
Mark

Ian

Post by Ian »

Hi
Your quite right monitors will intrude into that space, those boards will be cut insitu to faciliate that intrusion, The foot rest back boards will also be trimmed once the bottom of the monitors are fixed . The glare section will be treated as another section and 'Slot' over and ontop of the MIP
Because each section can be treated as a stand alone extra strength will be gained when the sections are bolted together. Another positive is that cuts can be made into the walls of the units for monitor fixing to allow a monitor to over run into the next panels space if needed ? positioning won't be so critical hopefully