Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nice Update From Ian Roy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Nice Update From Ian Roy Reply with quote

Ian from the UK sent in some shots to update us on his Elite Based A320 Setup.. This project is taking shape very nicely as you can see here:
http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/_assets/images/products/94-large.jpg

PC
george

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: ????ARE these ???? Reply with quote

Very Happy Hello .......

Looks great ......

Are the standbys gauges and the brake pressure gauge the one from FDS??

Looks great ............

Bey George .....
Ian

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
In answer to your question the standbys are from Pete with clear plastic covers . The Artifical Horizon/and footrests I have had to make

The air defusers for the speaker panels are from a company called rcmproducts.co.uk the ain't cheap but are a perfect fit

Each section of the MIP is made from 6mm MDF with extra support and the sections are bolted together with 12mm bolts

Using Petes excellent Elite panels as 'face plates' for the monitors as in real life, and and held in position with velcruse means the concept of sectioning the sim for assembly and transportation is not a problem .
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Stbys Reply with quote

Ian is glossing over the Stbys.. Smile
I make the Guage faces. Ian put at least 20 hours into adding details that I never thought I would see..
PC
markt

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian,

Fantastic work, I can only hope to have something that nicely done! Please if you have more pictures please post them even just those ones from the collage sepataley. I do have one question, supports for the MIP , the part at the top looks like it is acouple of inches wide. How do you get a monitor close enough with those boards there. Mymonitors are a few inches Higher than the MIPs?
Thanks
Mark
Ian

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Your quite right monitors will intrude into that space, those boards will be cut insitu to faciliate that intrusion, The foot rest back boards will also be trimmed once the bottom of the monitors are fixed . The glare section will be treated as another section and 'Slot' over and ontop of the MIP
Because each section can be treated as a stand alone extra strength will be gained when the sections are bolted together. Another positive is that cuts can be made into the walls of the units for monitor fixing to allow a monitor to over run into the next panels space if needed ? positioning won't be so critical hopefully
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: