Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New A319 Simulator and Website!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SWeker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: New A319 Simulator and Website! Reply with quote

Afternoon Gents,

As you may already know, I have sold my Boeing 737NG project and started a new A319 simulator! I've already been able to make some great progress with a sub floor / FDS A320 Shell / and AST software! Within the next week I should be able to pick up my Main Instrument Panel. Very Happy

Thanks to Peter, Steve, and the gang for all their help over the past month transitioning to the new project. I am excited to get things underway.

Please take a look at my new web-site (www.a319.ca) and the first photo of my set-up (more available on my web).

Sorry Maurice, its official, I've converted to Airbus! Dave, Tim, Frans, and all the other bus drivers, you got another arm chair pilot in your court!

warvet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a great start Steve. Based on your past experience Im sure this will be awesome. Good Luck with it. You did the screen out of PVC and what? Where you gonna mount the projectors Steve?

Regards
Tim
A340
Canada
Paul M

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

Your project is really off to a great start. You have chosen a good spot for it, that is without too many distractions. Family member walking buy the windows can have a negative impact on in the illusion at 35.000 feet.

Anyway much success on your project, look forward to updates on your website. I am sure it will be a showcase job.

Paul M
bwr014

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how the end result is going to look ... Smile

And i already can tell you, you will not be sorry to make the switch from Boeing to Airbus!

Good luck with the setup.. also in that i know what you all need to do to get this "bus" airborne as well Smile

gr.

Frans M
frans@flightdecksolutions.com
mauriceb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: New A319 Simulator and Website! Reply with quote

SWeker wrote:

Sorry Maurice, its official, I've converted to Airbus! Dave, Tim, Frans, and all the other bus drivers, you got another arm chair pilot in your court!

I still like to see my throttle handles, spoiler handle and trim wheels move. Makes it look like this thing is alive as opposed to 'parking' your throttle in a gate, and playing with a joystick. You might as well be building a 'pretty' train simulator Razz

And what good is software that works anyway (assuming AST works better than PM)? You did say you like challenges didn't you. What better challenge than having to fly manually because software is failing? I predict intense boredom shortly after building completion, especially considering you were already bored within a few weeks of completing the 737 Twisted Evil . What next, a Mars landing mission in a spaceship simulator? That should take care of a couple of years in real time Laughing

But I'm not bitter Razz Laughing

Maurice
ludwig

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pics Steve! Nice to have another "bussie" around! You won't regret it.

I'd like to get my own Airbus shell soon (though I will need a new house first!)

INSTRUCTOR STATION
www.iStationGordo.com
DaveA330

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Bus club Steve, I knew you would come to your senses.
Looks like a good start to the project, although it looks like you have taken over part of the basement that was reserved for the little ones.
How did you sweet talk your wife into that? Laughing

I guess I will not have any more excuses when flying out of your hangar.
Oh the pressure.

Dave
SWeker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, appreciate the encouragement!

Tim, as for my visuals.....I'm not quite sure what to do yet. The Airbus windows are so much bigger than the 737, so what I had previously may not work. Have thought of going dual plasma/lcd for the front with a Dual Head 2 Go. Was never 100% happy with the projector as you loose alot of quality and space was always an issue. I was hoping with the new set-up not to have to bounce the projection image off a mirror, but a quick test last weekend demonstrated that might be impossible Mad . I also thought of splitting the video between 2 projectors, one for front/left and the other for front/right. That way I get a larger view, but also allows me to pull back the projectors for a larger image without hitting the roof of the shell. But....with FSX frame rates being something to look out for with higher resolutions and/or dual windows......the search continues for a perfect solution....

Cheers, Steve
warvet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as you know steve I got lots of Airbus stuff CDUs etc and projectors etc:) including a brand new digital TH2Go still in box. Let me know if I can Help.

Tim
A340
Canada
Project 717273747

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve your new project and A319 site look terrific! Look forward to seeing it come together.

Best Regard,
Tom Waldon
Project 717273747-A330
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: