FSUIPC

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

Paul M

FSUIPC

Post by Paul M »

Hi All,

I have been having a problem with FSUIPC flight controls calibration.
I have everything calibrated except the First Officers side pedals.
I start with the Axis assignment tab to find the joy number then go to the calibration tab to calibrate, however, no movement shows up.

Has anyone had a similar experience, and if so how did you solve the problem?

Many thanks

Paul M

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Hi Paul,

Do you see them in the MS Game Controller? Just do a quick test and see if they move in there.

In some cases I have had to delete the FSUIPC ini file and start over. That would be the last resort.

Let's see if anyone else has a qwik fix?
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

melnato

Post by melnato »

Ditto what Steve said...PLUS

Have you disabled EVERY button/axis (normal and slew) in FlightSim?

Nat

brianwilliamson

Post by brianwilliamson »

Yes I have just seen the same problem, but have not found the reason as yet. I have just changed from FSX back to FS2004 and a new install and the number 7 pot will not show up in FSUIPC, but shows up ok in game controller. It was working ok in FSX, so not sure if this is a problem with the latest version of FSUIPC for FS 2004.
Will post any findings..................Brian W.

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Is it possible to locate the problem pot (function) and remove those lines within FSUIPC ini file and restart FS and start that function again and calibrate?

Haven't looked but saves having to start from scratch, unless you like calibrating???
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

brianwilliamson

Steve, the problem I have is that FSUIPC, it is not seeing that pot. at all, therefore I am guessing there is no entry for that in the ini file, but will check that out later this morning.
Ahhh.... the fun of it all !!
Cheers................Brian W.

Paul M

Post by Paul M »

Hi Guys,

Just to understand these replies, deleting the FSUIPC.ini file means, I will have to re-calibrate ailerons, elevators and pedals again? Also will I have to re-assign other button functions that I have set up, such as trim etc.? The rest of FSUIPC functionality remains intact so as to work with other software such as Project Magenta?

Thanks
Paul M

brianwilliamson

Yes, if you delete the ini file, then you have to re-do the lot. I just got the ini file fouled up and now have to do likewise and all I was doing was trying to allocate the missing pot into FS control for the Air brakes on the Airbus, but no, it will not work.
I had the air brakes working fine on FSX, so I think I will re-install it shortly. So it looks as though FSUIPC will not pick up the pot via the BU0836X card in FS2004 for some reason. It would also appear that FSUIPC is sometimes not saving the settings which was supposedly fixed in this latest version.
Cheers................Brian W.

Ron D.

Post by Ron D. »

I start with the Axis assignment tab to find the joy number then go to the calibration tab to calibrate, however, no movement shows up.
I think you may have missed a step, select RESCAN while moving the pedals before calibrating.

Ron