Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A320 Glare Panel Options

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A320BuilderUK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject: A320 Glare Panel Options Reply with quote

Hello.

I was fortunate enough to purchase the complete FDS glare panel set (2nd gen) for the A320 which includes hardware, switches etc.

I am very unexperienced in interfacing, and would like to know what my options are. I don't have project magenta and is just using the Wilko Airbus model for now.

What interface do I need to make the job easy for me to link to FS, I am under the impression that I will need one of the FDS boards but would like to know more.

Are the FDS boards able to connect 7 segment displays as well as switches, but would they work with the Wilko software. I am assuming that the FDS cards will only do the job if you have PM which I don't have.

Or...is there any other way to get the glare panels working, like any other cards available.

Kind Regards.

Alex
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Back in the Day Reply with quote

BAck in those days we had a Glare Interface board called the FDS-G1.
This is long out of production and pretty rare.
It really is the only piece that could do what you would want.
It was for Project Magenta only.
We have never worked on any interface solutions with Desktop Software.
For A320 it was Project Magenta in the early days and then AST going forward. We are introducing a new A320 FCU this weekend that is AST compliant and we will look at what options exist for PM users.
Sorry I cannot help you on this part of your Journey.
PC
A320BuilderUK

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: No Worries! Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

No worries, I think I will just use OC cards to do the job!

Can you please tell me how much your FCU knob set is (4 pcs) as I would like to buy!

Cheers,

Alex
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Email Reply with quote

Feel free to email.
PC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: