SIM room size

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

jsantos

SIM room size

Post by jsantos »

Hi Folks,
I'm so excited that I am about to start putting my A320 sim together. Everything has been packed for a year now. Now that I've left an apartament for a house with a dedicated room to my SIM, I have been reading lots of info in this forum as for curved screen, short throw projectors and shell construction.
Based on the dims of my room (see pic below), Do you think it's possible to combine these three features in this room?
I have one brand new Optoma DLP Model EP1691 (WXGA, 2500:1,) and will buy 2 more in the near future.
What concerns me is that this projector may not perform a good projection due to the dims of room (ceiling height perhaps).
In case I failed to upload the photo, room dimentions are: (3,43mt Lenght x 3,23mt Width x 2,20mt Height) Diagonal measurement is 4,69 meters.

Please give me some comments.
Thank you,

Jose Carlos
A320 - Sao Paulo - Brazil
Image[/img]

mauriceb

Post by mauriceb »

Hello Jose,

I had 3 EP1691's before and I sold them all because they were not good enough for use in a room with limited size. You really need short throw projectors since your room is not large enough for regular projectors. So my advice is to do a search for all posts about visuals before you invest in more EP1691s

Maurice

jsantos

SIM room size

Post by jsantos »

Hi Maurice,
You're right, my regular Optoma projector will have to be replaced by short throw ones. I will search for posts referencing good projectors. Which one is yours?

Tks

Jose Carlos
A320
Jose C. Santos
777 SSTD Jetmax - SãPaulo - Brazil

melnato

Post by melnato »

Hi Jose,

In addition to short throw projectors, you will
need to face your sim diagonally. I bet your screen
will be wall to wall too... the 320 is BIG :)

Nat