Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EGT gauge building

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MScotti

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: EGT gauge building Reply with quote

I'm trying to build an EGT gauge for my 737 overhead. I'm using a sequence of LEDs to mimic the needle of the gauge as it climbs. Does anyone know what offset to use. I thought it was the ENG 1 EGT offset 08BE, but not sure. The FSUIPC offset says that 860 degrees C is equal to 16384 so i divided that up between the number of LEDs. Then i set the values for each LED to turn on in sequence as the EGT climbs up. When I fire up my pmsystems and start the APU I watch the EGT gauge climb but only my first 2 LEDs light up. I tried lowering the Range values but I I can never get the other LEDs to light. Any ideas? I built a flaps gauge using the same technique and it works.
MScotti

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, well after hours of reading post, you gotta know when you ask a question, you find the answer.. It looks like offset for pmsystems for the EGT gauge is 5604. Not quite sure how I use this in interfaceIT yet however.
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use a real APU EGT gauge fed by 5V when the APU start switch is on, if you build this simple circuit. The pointer will climb slowly to the chosen value , stay there and go back slowly to zero when the APU is switched off. Looks terrific and no offset complication.
Check:

http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=864.msg6754#msg6754

Adjust the value of the pot to change the final deflection of the gauge pointer. I wouldn't go any lower than 3K if you connect to 5 volts. Don't want to toast the gauge.

Adjust the value of the capacitor to change the time constant (speed of the needle going to and from its max deflexion). 2000 microFarad will give you 2 seconds, 3000 gives you 3, and so on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: