Introduction and question.

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

Winstonc

Introduction and question.

Post by Winstonc »

Hi guys, I am new here having just ordered a whole lot of FDS B737 gear 😃 .
I'm returning to flight simming after an almost 15 year break having last built a Cessna 172 cockpit based around TRC Simulation equipment.

I did build a 3DOF racing car simulator with 180 degree projection screen last year which is a lot of fun http://youtu.be/cFtCoGzrtqE.

So looking for some guidance with regards to a TQ, I am torn between spending $2,400 USD on a motorized TQ from Cockpitforyou.com (silver V3) or just over $1,000 USD on the FDS non-motorized version, saving money to by more parts on my shopping list. Thoughts?

Thanks

David

jackpilot
Site Admin

Post by jackpilot »

IMHO
motorization is a very nice gadget, but a gadget and a pricy one
It surely is a crowd pleaser, but there is no real operational need for it in a non training simulator. The $ differential is better spent elsewhere, like a good avionics software which is the heart and lungs of a sim
Just my 2¢
Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

Thanks Jackpilot.

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Make sure any Throttle you buy is compatible with the Avionics software you plan to use.

Contact the Avionics supplier to check first. Any TQ that isn't compatible will turn into a door stop till "they" add that hardware to their software.

JetMax TQ works with all the Avionics software and uses FSUIPC as well.

We can't comment on other vendors.
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

Thanks Steve.

Decided to go with the the FDS Jetmax TQ.

David