Stuttering from Avionics PC (Resolved)

This section of the Sim-A Forum is for support issues.
Only a few Clear Rules Here:
1. No Rants. Rants will be deleted and the poster contacted. All focus here is to assist in the spreading of information to better assist all Sim-A users. Most of the people helping are not paid employees.
2. Be Polite. We want all Sim-A users to experience the fantastic elements that make Sim-A what it is. Being able to communicate here will allow the info to be the focus.
3. Time. We do not have someone on the Forum 24/7 so please allow members to jump in to help when needed.
4. Most important. This is not a "Issue" forum. If you feel there is an issue then please email support@sim-Avionics.com and Mark will review that. This is a commercial product and erroneous reports do harm.

Moderators: Jetcos, MarkHastings

ehsjoar

Stuttering from Avionics PC (Resolved)

Post by ehsjoar »

Hi Guys,

I have a situation that appears every now and then. Not sure what it is that triggers this. What happens is that the sound module on the Avionics PC is playing the file:

GPWS\v1.wav

over and over and over very fast. This sounds like some stuttering and I couldn't even make out what the sound is about if I didn't see the file name in the sound module GUI of the Avionics PC.

This only happens when the plane starts taxing. If I pull the brakes the sound stuttering stops when the plane comes to a halt.

Another thing that happens when I have this situation is that when I take off there is no V1 or V2 on the Primary Flight Display. Also, once I reach a certain speed on the runway the stuttering stops.

Apart from this everything works. After I have taken off I can engage auto pilot and the plane behaves like what can be expected.

Oh, I am on the latest release, 1.85

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

// Jonas

Jean Louis

Post by Jean Louis »

hello jonas
Maybe a alarm takeoff config ?
Checking the centering rudder and aileron trim
JL
JetMax 737/Sim Avionics 1.96
P3DV4.5
Overhead JetMax/yoke ACE
MCP/Efis and complete pedestal CPflight
FSC Throttle motorised
Rudder pedals Sismo soluciones

ehsjoar

Post by ehsjoar »

Jean Louis wrote:hello jonas
Maybe a alarm takeoff config ?
Checking the centering rudder and aileron trim
JL
Hi JL,

I just calibrated everything from scratch as I had some strange thing happening when I tried to change livery (FSUIPC had forgot most of my settings). I will however go through that again tonight and see. You might be right that there is something off.

Thanks,

// Jonas

MarkHastings

Post by MarkHastings »

One thing I would suggest to do is to remove the profile specific settings in FSUIPC5.ini

If you used the Jetmax calibration tool to assign the axis, it places them in profile specific profiles.
The profiles are setup for an aircraft with a specific name called : "Sim-Avionics 737-800"
If you select a different livery the aircraft will have a different name :
ie "Boeing 737-800 British Airways"

[Profile.Sim-Avionics]
2=Sim-Avionics 737-800 <-- You could change this name to match your livery name (found in the aircraft.cfg)

or

Copy the data from the ".Sim-Avionics" - profile specific sections
  • [Axes.Sim-Avionics]
    [Buttons.Sim-Avionics]
    [JoystickCalibration.Sim-Avionics]
into the General Sections
  • [Axes.Sim-Avionics]
    [Buttons]
    [JoystickCalibration]
Mark Hastings
Software Developer
Sim-Avionics

ehsjoar

Post by ehsjoar »

Thanks Mark!

I am flying 777 but I get your point. I am sure you posted this somewhere else and I missed it. I will try this out tonight.

Cheers,

// Jonas

ehsjoar

Post by ehsjoar »

Sorry for the late reply here. It all works now. For some reason my Saitek Throttle Quadrant axis showed up in FSUIPC and were assigned to different things. I think it happened when I switched livery.

Thanks to Mark's explanation I have all that under control.

Thanks!

// Jonas