Can't get VNAV to engage with 1.80 and above (RESOLVED)

This section of the Sim-A Forum is for support issues.
Only a few Clear Rules Here:
1. No Rants. Rants will be deleted and the poster contacted. All focus here is to assist in the spreading of information to better assist all Sim-A users. Most of the people helping are not paid employees.
2. Be Polite. We want all Sim-A users to experience the fantastic elements that make Sim-A what it is. Being able to communicate here will allow the info to be the focus.
3. Time. We do not have someone on the Forum 24/7 so please allow members to jump in to help when needed.
4. Most important. This is not a "Issue" forum. If you feel there is an issue then please email support@sim-Avionics.com and Mark will review that. This is a commercial product and erroneous reports do harm.

Moderators: Jetcos, MarkHastings

belisba

Can't get VNAV to engage with 1.80 and above (RESOLVED)

Post by belisba »

I haven't seen anything about this on other threads, but no matter what I seem to do I can never get VNAV to select and remain selected (PERF/VNAV NOT AVAILABLE on CDU) with software ver 1.80 and above.

I've verified 1.70 works well (also ver 1.788, although seems to be a bit toucher to engage).

To test, I've flow the exact same scenerio and CDU flightplan with several different software configurations, all the way up to 1.85....no joy.

VNAV for me only available in ver 1.70 and 1.788. Ver 1.80, 1.83, and 1.85 not working.

I've done the usual each steps: Recalls, save each aircraft, etc. I've done stand-alone 1.80 installations as well as 1.70 overwrites. No joy. Very frustrating.

One note: I only start seeing overhead switchology logic errors (YAW DAMPER and L/R PACKS), along with Yaw Damper out of control issues with 1.80 and above.

Any help would be appreciated. Hate to just stay with 1.788.

Brad-Texas

P3D ver 4.2
SA Software Version 1.80+
MIP- JetMax-737SKTQ
MCP-EFIS- JetMax-737MCP-EFIS
Overhead -JetMax-737OH1
Throttle Quadrant - JetMax-737TQ
Radio/NAV JetMax-NAVCOMM1
Transponder- JetMax-737-XPNDR
Yoke AGR737YOKE-CP
Rudder Pedals-Cirrus PFC (Boeing Style
Last edited by belisba on Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarkHastings

Post by MarkHastings »

VNAV will not activate if you haven't activated the PERF INIT.
Check the PERF INIT page says : ACT PERF INIT
Mark Hastings
Software Developer
Sim-Avionics

belisba

Post by belisba »

Well, there it is....Thanks Mark.

Figured I was just lacking in some step cause didn't see anyone else having this issue on the forum...glad it was actually that simple.