B737NG to MAX Upgrade

A showcase of Projects based around Flightdeck Solutions customers. FDS customers are welcome to post their work.
Please contact pcos@flightdecksolutions.com for photo updating and posting if you require assistance.

Moderator: Jetcos

GCabral

B737NG to MAX Upgrade

Post by GCabral »

Hi everyone,

This is my first post since I started a while back on my 737NG project, never felt compelled to post anything, always seemed to be a step behind everyone else in this forum, any issues I came across someone else had already posted the answer.

However, this time I feel I have something good to share with all the nice people in this forum. Despite not yet have completed my 737NG project (still missing the liners, pedestal radios, proper rudder pedals and a few miscellaneous items) I felt that the upgrade was the right thing to do at this time. I am fortunate enough to have a very close relationship with the team at FDS and being able to walk in and talk directly with Peter/Steve at any time puts me in a privileged position.

Just some feedback, the upgrade is simpler than what you may think, so far I only converted the MIP section including the replacement of the lower EICAS monitor with the new MAX “Brake� panel. There are a few items in the overhead and Aft overhead that need to be converted, also the EFIS panels have a new design with the introduction of the VSD button. (can be controlled from SIM-A if you need the function to be activated).The MCP remains exactly the same. The throttle has been changed a bit as well but won’t stop you from flying the new MAX aircraft with your current unit.
The AFDS’s have a new design, the test switch is now on the top middle section of the AFDS panel instead of the right/center section, however the functionality remains exactly the same, in my opinion there is no need to upgrade the AFDS’s, at least not at this time.

A new SIM-A license is required in order to activate the B737MAX configuration, please contact Mark for further details.

My first impressions:I was blown away with the new glass display, it makes a huge difference having the bigger displays, once you go bigger you never go back… �. Also having the landing gear moved to the center of the MIP section make it a lot easier for the CP to reach. I feel I’m flying a whole new airplane with very minor “training� required.

Please feel free to ask me any questions regarding the upgrade (except pricing, you will need to contact Peter for your individual needs).

I have some pics posted, more to be added soon.

https://1drv.ms/a/s!ArToVfo2beSrikYX1TTn3o1zif4F

Copy and paste

GCabral

sacrayton

Post by sacrayton »

GCabral,

Great to feel the excitement into the new "Max!" I am currently awaiting delivery of my new "Max" DST soon. It will be a while before I get the new PC built and the existing one modified for my new cockpit. I do have a curious question? What throttle quadrant are you using that interfaces with Sim-A? The FDS site shows no TQ products. My next purchase will be the TQ and Radio Pedestal.

Regards,
Stephen

GCabral

Post by GCabral »

Hi Sacrayton

Currently using the Jet Max TQ (non-motorized), I was fortunate enough to get it from FDS before the Jet Max line was sold to a third party. At some point will upgrade to a motorized version but not in the radar at this point

GCabral.

sacrayton

Post by sacrayton »

okay. Thanks...

Stephen

pcos
Site Admin

Post by pcos »

We are deep into the development of our B737NG/B737MAX TQs... first ones are being built now... we will announce details and pricing when we are ready for production.
These pieces are exactly what our many customers have asked from us...
Peter

sacrayton

Post by sacrayton »

Perfect response Peter. I look forward to further details when posted for purchase.

Regards,
Stephen

787 George

Post by 787 George »

Great news Peter.

George
JetMax 737 SKTQ, Overhead, Pedestal. Precision Flight Controls Yoke & Rudder Pedals, Atari800 XL and Commodore 64 Computers