Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XP11 - Exterior Lighting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:05 am    Post subject: XP11 - Exterior Lighting Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Decided to take a break from the tiller/rudder problem and have a go at the aircraft's exterior lighting.

I have the taxi, runway turnoff and logo lights left to try and figure out.

https://youtu.be/0XQufvR_u94
Winstonc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those lights look so much better than P3D.

David
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

I agree 100%.
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Taxi lighting is done. That leaves logo and runway turnoff.

Mike
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Exterior lighting is DONE!.

Most of the problems I was having was in using a bad model/livery setup. That's the only conclusion I can come up with after working on this for days.

After the lights were setup and they all just about worked individually, I decided to do some additional testing that's when I found, taxi lights would come on and turn off the wing lights at the same time. Logo lights would turn on, you could see the light graphic... but it didn't light up anything. Surprised

I'm still using the Zibo mod (3.29) with an old Pan Am model I was able to work with and get everything setup.

I'll get a video up shortly, looks nice. Then it's back to reading about datarefs/commands and offsets. Don't know why I have a mental block with this for some reason.
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Exterior lighting is done. I just have to figure out how to separate the L/R Turnoff lights, right now they are connected on one switch. Tried numerous ways to get around this but no luck so far.

Update: I seem to take a step forward in XP and find that I've taken two or three backwards in other areas. I'm beginning to see why this item is scarce in the flight deck community.

UPDATE: With no answers coming from the Xplane group, I decided to try a different angle.... I am offering a $500.00 on all the xplane sites offering aircraft designers a $500.00 builders fee to anyone who can come up with a compatible 737NG for Sim-A.

Lets see if anyone takes me up on the offer.

https://youtu.be/5-EMUWZNBjc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: