XP11 - Exterior Lighting

A showcase of Projects based around Flightdeck Solutions customers. FDS customers are welcome to post their work.
Please contact pcos@flightdecksolutions.com for photo updating and posting if you require assistance.

Moderator: Jetcos

Michael_B767_ATP

XP11 - Exterior Lighting

Post by Michael_B767_ATP »

Hi Everyone,

Decided to take a break from the tiller/rudder problem and have a go at the aircraft's exterior lighting.

I have the taxi, runway turnoff and logo lights left to try and figure out.

https://youtu.be/0XQufvR_u94

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

Those lights look so much better than P3D.

David

Michael_B767_ATP

Hi David,

I agree 100%.

Michael_B767_ATP

Hi Everyone,

Taxi lighting is done. That leaves logo and runway turnoff.

Mike

Michael_B767_ATP

Hi Everyone,

Exterior lighting is DONE!.

Most of the problems I was having was in using a bad model/livery setup. That's the only conclusion I can come up with after working on this for days.

After the lights were setup and they all just about worked individually, I decided to do some additional testing that's when I found, taxi lights would come on and turn off the wing lights at the same time. Logo lights would turn on, you could see the light graphic... but it didn't light up anything. :o

I'm still using the Zibo mod (3.29) with an old Pan Am model I was able to work with and get everything setup.

I'll get a video up shortly, looks nice. Then it's back to reading about datarefs/commands and offsets. Don't know why I have a mental block with this for some reason.

Michael_B767_ATP

Hi Everyone,

Exterior lighting is done. I just have to figure out how to separate the L/R Turnoff lights, right now they are connected on one switch. Tried numerous ways to get around this but no luck so far.

Update: I seem to take a step forward in XP and find that I've taken two or three backwards in other areas. I'm beginning to see why this item is scarce in the flight deck community.

UPDATE: With no answers coming from the Xplane group, I decided to try a different angle.... I am offering a $500.00 on all the xplane sites offering aircraft designers a $500.00 builders fee to anyone who can come up with a compatible 737NG for Sim-A.

Lets see if anyone takes me up on the offer.

https://youtu.be/5-EMUWZNBjc