Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TQ Trim Indicator Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HowardChristian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: TQ Trim Indicator Help Reply with quote

I am having trouble with my TQ Elevator TRIM INDICATORS.
I don't know if it's a SIOC SCRIPT error, a SIM-A Setting or a FSUIPC Offset somewhere?

The issue is that Motor driving the Trim INDICATORS on the TQ (Revolution-Sim TQ) is constantly turning. This forces the indicators to the Full Nose Down position & then jamms the motor from being able to turn anymore.
Frankly it's a wonder the motor hasn't been damaged.

I have tried loading a totally unrelated sioc script to check what the motor would do & it did not run, so yesterday it seemed to prove the problem must be in the script. However today I can't repeat it. The motor runs as soon as I load sioc & it will continue to run for ever.

Please if anyone could help I'd be so grateful.
I did already post a copy of my script & ini files under author:
Howard Christian if someone's interested to take a look.

It is a Revolution-Sim TQ.
I'm using P3D v3.49
Sim-A v1.91

regards
Howard.
Fred

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Howard

It is hard to know what is exactly wrong, but if you make the following changes in the script it will at least stop the trim indicator servos from working so you can avoid damage:

In VARs 2044 and 2046 simply make all instances of &trimindmotor = 0.

Fred K
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I had a problem with elevator trim running without any input, if I tried to change the trim value it went right back to the full throw position. All I did was go into the server GUI and uncheck "elevator trim speed" under flight controls.
lulu47

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Howard,

Did you assign the elevator trim in FSUIPC?
Take a look on this thread, maybe this will help.

https://www.flightdecksolutions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6522&highlight=elevator+trim

Regards
Daniel

737NG Full DSTD MX - FDS Shell - FDSB737NG-NS6-LINER - FDS CB-Walls - IPECO CA/FO Seats
FSC Motorized TQ
Dual Opencockpit Yokes
Sim-Avionics V1.931
P3d V4.3
FSUIPC 5.15
Dual PC Windows 8.1
HowardChristian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may not have been very clear in my description.
It is the Stabilizer Trim Indicators. These are the small POINTERS located above the Trim Wheels. One on each side of the TQ.
It's not the Elevator Trim that I may have mislead.

I know that if I run an unrelated to TQ SIOC script the motor doesn't turn.
I've also discovered that if I turn the Trim Wheels in P3D in either direction the motor will do the same, but it just keeps on running.

The Trim Speed checkbox is Sim-A is already unticked, but this is for Elevator Trim. I don't think it has any bearing on the Trim Indicators.

Something else I've noticed is that on the USBDC Motor Card there is a Slider POT that moves with the Motor. Is connected to an Analogue connection on the Card. I thought that by moving the POT it should change the position of the Motor but it doesn't. But I don't really understand how it works because it's actually the motor that's driving the Slider POT not the other way around.

I've read through the O'Cockpits manual for the USBDC Motor Card but I'm none the wiser. Oh & yes I have checked the Slider POT is functional.

I also wonder if the Card may be faulty.
Any more ideas?
HowardChristian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Stab Trim Indicators Initial Position & SimA Offsets? Reply with quote

Almost Working...
I've got the Trim Indicators working.
BUT I'm just not sure where the Trim Indicator should be positioned when FlightSim & the 737 aircraft is first loaded.

Should the Indicator move to the Fully Nose Down position which is what it's doing at present or should I change it so that it moves
to the 5deg TAKE OFF position?
However looking at TQ Panel within P3D with the Sim-A 737 aircraft loaded, when the aircraft is first loaded the Indicator positions itself a bit before the Yellow Band.(slightly Nose Down) or is this position correct?

Also can someone please tell me what the correct Sim-A Offsets are that I should be using?
MarkHastings

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was answered via email.
FYI Stab trim offset is : x53F4
teletom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Stab Trim Indicators Initial Position & SimA Offsets Reply with quote

HowardChristian wrote:
Almost Working...
I've got the Trim Indicators working.

Christian, can you please tell me how you sorted your problem? I am having exactly the same issue at the moment ...

Cheers, Tom
MarkHastings

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you got to the bottom of this, but by breaking is down logically...
You can see the trim position the avionics is using : on the Lower SYS display, on the Stab Trim graphic (CTRL+F2) or on the Server main page.
The yoke trim switch and the A/P will adjust this trim value.

If that value is looking correct but your physical trim indicator is running away, that would indicate a problem in the SIOC script.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: