Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

V1.93 Payload increasing by itself in the CDU (Resolved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lulu47

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: V1.93 Payload increasing by itself in the CDU (Resolved) Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

Testing today the new V1.93, strange problem regarding the payload introduced in the CDU LOAD PAYLOAD page.

Setting 6.0 for the fuel and 0.0 as payload for a test flight (with just the pilots on board, so no payload), the ZFW indicates 41.4 (which is correct) but immediately the payload increase slowly and progressively by himself to 3.2 KGS and the ZFW increase accordingly to 44.6 KGS!

The same problem occurs if I introduce a light payload (for exemple 3.7) or if I select via LSK 1L the LIGHT payload option, it shows 2.1 and then increase slowly to a higher value! On the other hand, if I select MEDIUM OR HEAVY the payload stay stable!

I've remarked that if I introduce a payload that is greater than +/- 6.0 KGS, the problem don't occurs, it occurs only for payload that are less than +/- 6.0 KGS.

Could you check please?

Daniel

737NG Full DSTD MX - FDS Shell - FDSB737NG-NS6-LINER - FDS CB-Walls - IPECO CA/FO Seats
FSC Motorized TQ
Dual Opencockpit Yokes
Sim-Avionics V1.961
P3d V4.3
FSUIPC 5.15
Dual PC Windows 8.1

Last edited by lulu47 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
lulu47

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

Additional information, when entering a light payload as explained above, the payload increase slowly by himself (adding approximatively 3.0 KGS), the ZFW increase accordingly BUT also the CG, the % increase also slowly accordingly! So from where comes those +/- 3.0 KGS more?

REMARK: this happen when entering a payload manually, I don't know if this happened too via Simbrief (I'm using PFPX, not Simbrief).

In the V1.93 the default trim value is now 5.25 and reset automatically after landing to that value, in the V1.91 and other version the default trim value was 4.15 and don't reset automatically once landed, maybe that the cause comes from the new default trim setting (a 5.25 value by default means a higher payload by default too...), will try today on the ground to set the trim on 4.15 before to enter any payload and see if the problem still occurs, I'll keep you advise...

I suppose that others here which will switch over V1.93 will have the same problem with light payload.

In an airline company many flights are operated with no or very light payload like Touch & Go, Test Flights or Positionning Flights or Commercial flights with only a few passengers on board, so please Mark, very important to solve this.

Daniel

737NG Full DSTD MX - FDS Shell - FDSB737NG-NS6-LINER - FDS CB-Walls - IPECO CA/FO Seats
FSC Motorized TQ
Dual Opencockpit Yokes
Sim-Avionics V1.961
P3d V4.3
FSUIPC 5.15
Dual PC Windows 8.1
MarkHastings

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's adjusting because when the payload is changed the load is automatically distributed to place the CG around the 21%-23% range for optimum performance.
It takes around 20 secs to do this and it's done but moving the cargo around.

So from your description, I think a bit of cargo is actually being added to balance the aircraft to get to the 21-23 CG range.

Most of my testing was done using light to heavy loads... I don't explicitly remember trying too much with 0 payload.
I should be able to add some validation to say that adding extra cargo is not allowed (even to balance the aircraft) and the CG balancer should just do the best job it can with the allowed cargo.

I've already got a few items ready for 1.931 so I'll try and get this in there too.
lulu47

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Mark for looking at this problem.

My default scenario in P3dV4.3 is the Sim-A 737 and in the Vehicle Fuel and Payload page the scenario is saved to start a flight at the gate or the ramp with 0.0 payload and 2.0 fuel remaining (so in P3d not a single KG in the belly, and no PAX on board just like in the reality at that moment). In the CDU Load Payload page it indicates at this time: Payload 0.0 KGS and ZFW 41.4 which is correct but as from the moment I add for exemple 5.2 for the payload it increase indeed during +/- 20 sec to +/- 3.0 KGS more, resulting in a false payload desired and it is impossible to correct this. Great if a improved V1.931 will come to correct this. Thanks in advance. Very Happy

Daniel

FSC Motorized TQ
Dual Opencockpit Yokes
Sim-Avionics V1.961
P3d V4.3
FSUIPC 5.15
Dual PC Windows 8.1
lulu47

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem resolved with update v1.931.

Once again, many thanks Mark for the time spent to solve the problem and this great update only 48h after the new V1.93.

FYI on a short test flight EHAM-EHBK everythings works great with this version 1.931.

Mery Xmas to all the team

Daniel

FSC Motorized TQ
Dual Opencockpit Yokes
Sim-Avionics V1.961
P3d V4.3
FSUIPC 5.15
Dual PC Windows 8.1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: