Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radios initial setup (RESOLVED)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ABQ737EXP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject: Radios initial setup (RESOLVED) Reply with quote

Hello all,

I am setting up my Nav and Com radios and have not been able to get the Sysboard interface to detect them. I am using the FDS-ES-Controller. (I've also attempted a single radio without it) The back lighting is wired and working. The computer detects the Ethernet controller and I am able to connect to the network through that connection so it works. The lights on the computer ethernet port and FDS-ES-Controller blink as though they are communicating. On the back of the radios there is two 5v 4 pin connectors and the Ethernet connection. Should there be more or is that a correct setup? I've also tried on two computers

Is there a manual for the radios and FDS-ES-Controller?

Any help would be awesome.
Thanks everyone.
Jamie

Last edited by ABQ737EXP on Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emailed you a link Jamie.
Peter
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)
ABQ737EXP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the manual from Peter (Thank you) Realized I was missing the tekworks driver for the Ethernet board. Got that installed and now in the sysboard interface it say "hostname found" and says IIT-ECON-8 but it is not highlighted and does not show any radios connected to it. I need to get some sleep but I will work on it later and update as I make progress

Im getting an error that states: sysboard controller: server not responding. I am also not able to access the configuration page for the controller, simply states page not found.
ABQ737EXP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the solution for this was the fact that I overlooked the need for a router in the network. I've been using just a switch which has worked well up to this point minus a few inconveniences like not being able to connect remotely from a tablet for the IOS but as soon as I added it the radios starting working very well. Now I've got a bunch of new network issues. If I can't figure it out I will make a new thread. But as far as the radios go They work great.

-jamie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: