Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BUYING AND INSTALLING A BRIGHTEK WH-E19 ACARS PRINTER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mac737

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:25 am    Post subject: BUYING AND INSTALLING A BRIGHTEK WH-E19 ACARS PRINTER Reply with quote

Hi,
I bought a WH-E19 printer direct from BRIGHTEK the manufacturer for USD $85. Excellent service, quick delivery, cheaper than anywhere else and great product. I specified 12VDC and USB ......great service there. Bought paper rolls too because they were only AUD 50c each from there (cheapest elsewhere was AUD $2-$2.50)

It come in black or white only an I jokingly asked if I could have it in Boeing Grey and they said “no problem, send us the color codes”.....so I did...... couldn’t believe it, one day later they sent me a picture of the plastic printer shell in Boeing Grey.

Received it 5 days later.....installed it with software they sent me and bingo, all works.

Notes:
Printer didn’t want to work via USB hub ......Had to go direct to PC.
Installation with Chinese software and Chinese instructions for Win 10 funny and strange but it worked! Had to disable signature security otherwise it wouldn’t install.

Anyone considering it, couldn’t fault their service.
FSUIPC v.5.15
FSC LINKED YOKES
CFY MOTORIZED TQ (GOLD) v.3
NATVIS 220 DEGREE SCREEN AND PROJECTORS
IPECO 737 CAPT. & F/O SEATS
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up!
VE3ORE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mac
Thanks for the useful info on the printer.
I wonder if you could just add how you use it, in other words, what is your workflow?
Do you use PFPX? Do you use TopCat? What info do you print, when do you print it and what is the source.

This would be very useful to understand what information you are able to print.

Thanks again.

Andy
Mac737

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,
I do use PFPX and TopCat. I upload flightplan and loading schedule.

I print route (handy to keep on yoke clip), approach and weather for destination during flight. A bit of indulgence but adds to realism and impresses visitors!

I beleive you can print ATC messages and METARs,......but I'm still learning all the ins and outs at his stage.
FSUIPC v.5.15
FSC LINKED YOKES
CFY MOTORIZED TQ (GOLD) v.3
NATVIS 220 DEGREE SCREEN AND PROJECTORS
IPECO 737 CAPT. & F/O SEATS
VE3ORE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mac,
Yes, impressing visitors is very important.

I use both PFPX and TopCat and like you print out from PFPX before almost every new flight.

I am having challenges learning to make ACARs work reliably and repeatedly. Not much basic documentation that I have been able to find so far. ACARs tutorial anybody?

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: