Spoiler/wind brake problem

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

memeyer

Spoiler/wind brake problem

Post by memeyer »

The spoiler/wind brake on my 737 was working correctly. NOW, it only shows fully re-tracted OR fully extended. The numbers in FSUIPC are -16283 OR +16283. Nothing in between. I had to re-solder the connections, any idea what I did wrong. The slide POT has two terminals on the left end and one terminal on the right end.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
THANKS!
Malcolm

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Who makes the throttle?

Need much more info here.

You also need to assign the Null Zone for the "Speedbrake Armed" That is the middle settings in FSUIPC.
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

memeyer

Post by memeyer »

Throttle by Throttletek. The problem with setting the center (which I have done before in FSUIPC) is that there IS NO number movement sequentially from - to +. The POT just jumps from negative 16383 to positive 16383.

jackpilot
Site Admin

Post by jackpilot »

Wrong pot
Faulty pot
Wrong connections
???
Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Use the Windows Game Controller to see the range of the pot. If it jumps like you described it is likely defective.

Calibrate and check.
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)