Rudder Trim Module Pegged at Stops

This section of the Sim-A Forum is for support issues.
Only a few Clear Rules Here:
1. No Rants. Rants will be deleted and the poster contacted. All focus here is to assist in the spreading of information to better assist all Sim-A users. Most of the people helping are not paid employees.
2. Be Polite. We want all Sim-A users to experience the fantastic elements that make Sim-A what it is. Being able to communicate here will allow the info to be the focus.
3. Time. We do not have someone on the Forum 24/7 so please allow members to jump in to help when needed.
4. Most important. This is not a "Issue" forum. If you feel there is an issue then please email support@sim-Avionics.com and Mark will review that. This is a commercial product and erroneous reports do harm.

Moderators: Jetcos, MarkHastings

PatSim

Rudder Trim Module Pegged at Stops

Post by PatSim »

My FDS Rudder Trim Module Indicator pegs against the Nose Left 15 stop anytime I move the Rudder Nose Knob in any direction. So the FDS Trim Controller: 1.0 seems to function just fine in Manual Mode and allows me to move the Pedestal Rudder indicator needle left & right when pulling the Rudder Trim Servo "mouse" bar. And the Setup functions properly. When I put the Controller into the 'Run Mode" the indicator needle moves properly to "zero" & the Rudder Trim EICAS/MFD display indicate 00.00... As soon as I try to move the Rudder Trim Knob Left or Right the Needle & Display starting moving towards -15.00 and jams there. The SYSBoard Controller show the RUDDER TRIM LEFT/RIGHT Buttons 17 & 18 toggling correctly. The only other strange indication is the SYSBoard Controller Detected Interface Plugins box shows a " Load Failed for: SA_PLUGIN_Phidgets.dll,,,,, Not sure what settings are incorrect as the hardware seems to respond.
Pat
KSAN
DSTD-737, Full Shell, 3x82� 4K Samsung 7D OLED, 9900ks, 2080ti water cooled.
X-Plane 11, B738 ZiboMod, ZHSI, FDStoXP

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

If you are running the module, you won't be running the Phidgets Plug-in in the SYSBoard Controller.
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

PatSim

Post by PatSim »

Steve
Thanks for the quick response. It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to get the Rudder Trim Knob to work with the Pointer Display. I’m not sure what you mean about the Phidgets Plug-In in the SysBoard Controller. My SYSBoard Controller shows a “Load Failed for: SA_PLUGIN_Phidgets.dll�.
The FDS RUDDER TRIM MODULE Instructions all work but there is no mention of any SYSBoard Plugin. If it sound like I’m clueless about this that’s because I am. Is there any documentation about getting the Trim Module to work with SYSBoard Phidgets Controller. I have no idea what to do.

Thanks
“In the Dark� Pat

ps: are you planing on 2019 Expo? I’m registered
Pat
KSAN

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Just run the module for now. The Phidgets Plug-in is something else right now. Leave it disabled.
Steve Cos

PatSim

Post by PatSim »

If I run the FDS Trim Module on the Flight Sim (P3D) Computer the Pedalstal Rudder Trim Needle Indicator Tracks all the way to the left -15 any time I try to use the Nose Left/Nose Right Knob.
Pat
KSAN

PatSim

Post by PatSim »

I forgot to mention that when I move the Elevator or Aileron Trim Switches for SA B738 in P3Dv4.3 the corresponding Control Trim Tabs move, EXCEPT for the Rudder Trim Surface.
Pat
KSAN

MarkHastings

Post by MarkHastings »

If you are assigning the Rudder trim button in the SYSBoard Controller (which you are) then you need to remove the FSUIPC offset in the IO file.
[FSUIPC_FLIGHT_CONTROLS]
RUDDER_TRIM_SWITCH=0 <- Set it to 0
Mark Hastings
Software Developer
Sim-Avionics

PatSim

Post by PatSim »

I have confirmed in the SA Server FSUIPC I/O Interface tab that

[FSUIPC_FLIGHT_CONTROLS]
ELEVATOR_CPT=0
ELEVATOR_FO=0
AILERON_CPT=0
AILERON_FO=0
RUDDER_CPT=0
RUDDER_FO=0
THROTTLE_L=0
THROTTLE_R=0
THROTTLE_REVERSE_L=0
THROTTLE_REVERSE_R=0
SPOILERS=0
FLAPS=0
BRAKE_L_CPT=0
BRAKE_R_CPT=0
BRAKE_L_FO=0
BRAKE_R_FO=0
ELEVATOR_TRIM=0
AILERON_TRIM=0
RUDDER_TRIM=0
ELEVATOR_TRIM_SWITCH=0
AILERON_TRIM_SWITCH=0
RUDDER_TRIM_SWITCH=0

Also the SYSBoard Controller Inputs 17 & 18 work for the Rudder Trim Knob. Also after starting the FDS Trim Controller 1.0 on the P3D F-Sim computer that the "Manual Mode" will properly move the Pedestal Rudder Trim Indicator. Also the Trim Calibration is done.
Every time I move the Rudder Trim Knob the FDS Trim Controller 1.0 and the Pedestal Trim Indicator start tracking towards the left until stuck at -15 or full left deflection. The only way to undo this is to reload Sim Avionics fully.
Pat
KSAN

PatSim

Post by PatSim »

My Rudder Trim Module is still inoperative. Does anyone else have the same problem or a solution?
Pat
KSAN

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Have you tried creating a new default flight? Maybe the rudder trim is set that way in the saved flight?

Check that all the settings are 0 for Rudder etc.
Steve Cos