Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

write file failed-sysboard controller error (Resolved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmantel1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject: write file failed-sysboard controller error (Resolved) Reply with quote

This error shows up now, suddenly, when I start to move the airplane. My sim was working perfectly until today. Suddenly, after setting up a flight, after all is good, flight set up, all panels and software working, the MCP, CDU, and all simA panels will go blank and sys board controller locks up with that error.

Any help appreciated.

v1.931, JetMax SSTD+, navcom, tcas, radar panels, JM Overhead, CFY-TQ motorized TQ, PFC Boeing pedals, ACE Yoke, lower MFD, FDS FMS/CDU.

Charlie
MarkHastings

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little more info and investigation would be required to diagnose that one.

"Write error 5" is an Access Denied message.
This could mean a problem writing to a file or a COM port.

Apart from Loading and Saving assignments, the SYSControllers only file access is on startup when it creates a new blank log file.
After that Log entries are only written if logging is enabled via the menu or config ini.

Are you running any Flight Illusion Gauges ?

The SYSBoard Controller error message 'could' be a symptom and not the cause.

It 'may' also be possible that this error is produced if your computer had a problem writing to the USB drivers.

So at this moment I can only suggest that you repeat what you did and :
    Do you continue to see the same error at the same time ?
    Do you get the error at random times or when certain things happen ?
    Are the rest of the programs on the computer functioning normally or have other programs also locked up etc.

At the moment this really could be anything from :
    Windows permissions have changed.
    Firewall / AntiVirus.
    USB communication problem. (Software or Hardware/Cable/Hub)
    Hard drive problem.
    Memory problem.

cmantel1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mark,
I now believe this to be a "symptom" as you suggest. I now believe the error is a result of a problem with the USB system.
Yes--I have numerous FI gauges. And this could be the problem. I suspect that I am running out of USB resources.

Another Error also pops us. It is "Writefile failed (error 31).

I have now gotten all the FI gauges to work, and the issue persists. However, if I unplug one USB panel, like the TCAS module, the issue "seems" to go away. But not completely sure right. So, this fits with a USB resource problem.

I will continue to investigate and update with new information when I have it.

Thank you.
Charlie
cmantel1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject: resolved Reply with quote

Hi Mark,
You can mark this thread as resolved. I have a faulty powered USB hub. It would disconnect the usb connection of the CDU and that display would go blank and then SimA would connect the display to the next available display and would save it. So, even restarting SimA would to "fix" the problem because the display assigned would be saved to the updated one. The only way to resolve the new display assignment was to restart the avionics computer completely.

After connecting a new powered USB hub, the problem is fixed. At least for the last several test flights I have done.

So please mark this thread as resolved.

Thank you for your help.

Charlie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: