Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2020

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mac737

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject: MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2020 Reply with quote

Hi Mark,
Someone has to be the first to ask the question everyone is thinking of but too afraid to ask (haha).............FS 2020 and our cockpits!

It's very early I know and MS is slowly involving developers (see developers meeting late Sept, in Seattle), however I was wondering if you and FDS have had a talk about this and what your plans may be?

I am probably as much a MS sceptic as most, but the videos are getting more amazing and mind blowing than ever. Even Froogle has had to retract his early scepticism and criticism following the developers meeting.

I know that until you have an undersatnding of what the software structure will be, you may struggle to comment, but your opinion and views would be interesting nevertheless.

Regards,
Jim
FSUIPC v.5.152
FSC LINKED YOKES
CFY MOTORIZED TQ (GOLD) v.3
3x OPTOMA 4K PROJECTORS & NATVIS 220deg DISPLAY
IPECO 737 CAPT & FO SEATS
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All

Yes, someone had to start off the discussion.... Thank you Jim.

Like you I had a look at some of the YouTube videos and agree, Scenery detail is exceptional. In saying that, runways looked ordinary and I haven't seen any taxiways or terminal closeup views. (maybe that is for developers?)

There are probably three main questions that need a positive response before the Builders groups can start to move forward.

1. Interface (FSUIPC)?
2. Multiveiw
3. Flight model comparability.

I am sure that these and all other questions will be answered in due time.

Cheers
Michael
N737AG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd add a 4th question and make it the first that needs to be answered before any other :

4. Does the computer already exist to run this at anything above 24 fps ?
kand

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

until the tech alpha is released and sdk, nobody knows

but MS have said that the home cockpit user is within the target market, sure it will probably take some time for the interface to mature but theoretically as long as that is available to start (widefs uses simconnect I believe) , everything else will work because the legacy binaries have been preserved ie the old airfile will function
VE3ORE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone really trust MS to commit to this for the long haul? They left a lot of us out on a limb when they stopped the development of the original flight Simulator product. They never did get a 64bit product to market. Thank god for LM and P3D .

Personally, I wouldn’t want to see MS efforts negatively affect other platforms by taking market share. This isn’t their first attempt to re-enter the market.

Oh, and what about all that investment in scenery?

Unless there is some very significant technical advantage over current platforms I say we should not encourage them…

Andy
Winstonc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that unless it has networked display capability like X-Plane, it is a non-starter.

David
Banananav

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve just watched Flightdeck2sim’s and AIRBOYD’s YouTube commentaries on the Renton product release and AIRBOYD’s video of the Developers Q&A - sorry, I don’t have the skills to quickly put the Links here.
All well worth watching.
As I see it, MSFS2020 is setting up to be a competitor to P3D v4 and X-Plane.
With LMs ridiculous licensing policy it will probably kill P3d as a platform for the serious but not professional sim users, which most of us are, in short order.
I also now regret buying XPlane recently just to see what it was like !
There appear to be two very interesting parts to MSFS 2020 for us “tube liner” flyers.
The first is a lack of the repetitive scenery tiles in the ORBX OLCs.
The second is the 600 km cloud draw distance, which I picked up in a comment, and which will give a far more realistic “under cast” than we can get now with the cloud draw limitations in P3d.
So I think we should all keep a very open mind about what may prove to be the real successor to FSX.
Rgds
Chris

Jetmax 737-800 & TQ
P3D 4.5 HotFix2
S-A 1.961
FSUIPC 5.152
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: