Track a VOR Radial B777 (Explained)

This section of the Sim-A Forum is for support issues.
Only a few Clear Rules Here:
1. No Rants. Rants will be deleted and the poster contacted. All focus here is to assist in the spreading of information to better assist all Sim-A users. Most of the people helping are not paid employees.
2. Be Polite. We want all Sim-A users to experience the fantastic elements that make Sim-A what it is. Being able to communicate here will allow the info to be the focus.
3. Time. We do not have someone on the Forum 24/7 so please allow members to jump in to help when needed.
4. Most important. This is not a "Issue" forum. If you feel there is an issue then please email support@sim-Avionics.com and Mark will review that. This is a commercial product and erroneous reports do harm.

Moderators: Jetcos, MarkHastings

jeff64800

Track a VOR Radial B777 (Explained)

Post by jeff64800 »

Hello,

I am using jetmax 777 with O/H panel. I am looking for how to track a VOR Radial by setting up the MCP and fly in raw data mode.
I have set up VOR freq and course in the FMS (RAD/NAV page) and I have tried to press LOC switch on the MCP but the A/P don’t catch the radial (as we can observe on the B737 in VOR LOC mode).
I have tried several interception with low angle without success in that mode.
Could someone give me some help?

Thanks in advance.

MarkHastings

Post by MarkHastings »

There is no VOR track in the 777.
As the button says :
777 = LOC
737 = VOR LOC

I think a VOR intercept would be done via an intercept CRS to a waypoint in LNAV.

To do that you would enter the VOR into line 1 on the LEGS page.
After entering the wpt into line 1, the fmc assumes ‘Direct To’ and draws a line from the AC current position to the waypoint. But in the Bottom Right LSK an INTC CRS prompt appears. Here you would enter the inbound course you wish to fly and this course line is draw on the ND.
You can now execute this and LNAV will track this inbound course to the waypoint.
Mark Hastings
Software Developer
Sim-Avionics

jeff64800

Post by jeff64800 »

Ok will do this way.
Thank you Mark