Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sysboard initialization issues [Resolved]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GDR

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:35 am    Post subject: Sysboard initialization issues [Resolved] Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm running into a strange thing here. I even bought a new system to run ONLY the SYSboard Interface. As the behavior was the same on the initial computer.

I only run the interface. No other applications are running.
Initial setup and configuration went fine.

ALL WORKS FINE, UNTIL. . .

After a shutdown, I powered the system back on, and started the sysboard interface. This is now stuck on the initializing phase. I've checked the "Device Manager" (WIN10 PRO) and all boards are recognized and don't give a driver issue. So all clear here. After unplugging some boards, I've got it to load. Adding boards then goes well. This until I save and shutdown.

As Windows 10 can support upto 127 usb devices, in the device manager, I enabled the 'Show Hidden Devices' and all devices listed and not used (light grey icon) have been uninstalled/removed.
Now only the connected devices are listed and OK. (keyboard, mouse and interface boards.)

Does anyone has an idea from where this comes?

Further, it keeps me busy troubleshooting and not flying Crying or Very sad . As this is not enough, when I get it running, I have issues with the ELEC panel. All is set up in the sysboard and is being recognized. All 7-Seg leds work and switches work. Hence, here the annuns (BAT DISCHARGE, TR UNIT, ELEC) do not work anymore (LED test does light them up) Strange... And when changing the flight altitude, the 7-seg increases/decreases as excepted. Though, the value immediately resets to ZERO ( 0 ). I even tried to change the 'ELEC Panel Compatibility' option from 0 to 4. No change. I even don't know and can't find anything in the manual about what this is/does. The 'Enable ELEC and Cabin Alt Panels' is checked.

In addition, I use 4 USB 2.0 hubs which are powered.

I was about to order the Aft OVH to complete the cockpit, but this will have to wait until these issues are resolved.

Am I looking in the wrong place? Is this some behavior that anyone already has encountered? Is it hardware and/or software issue.

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Full B737-800 DSTD
ALL FDS & 0.01% OEMs
Sim-Avionics V1.94
P3D v4.5
FSUIPC v5.151

What goes up, must eventually come down!
http://www.flightsim737ng.be

Last edited by GDR on Fri May 31, 2019 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
A long time ago I had 2 USB hubs connected to one pc and had all sorts of problems, very similar to what you describe..
I eliminated that USB hubs and have no more problems.

It’s better to add PCs and spread the clients over additional PCs then add hubs.

PS , you can run the SYSboard on all your networked PCs

Michael
lulu47

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Geert,

You may also try to replace the USB hubs 2.0 by USB hubs 3.0...

Daniel

737NG Full DSTD MX - FDS Shell - FDSB737NG-NS6-LINER - FDS CB-Walls - IPECO CA/FO Seats
FSC Motorized TQ
Dual Opencockpit Yokes
Sim-Avionics V1.931
P3d V4.3
FSUIPC 5.15
Dual PC Windows 8.1
GDR

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply. I thought I've heard this before. Wink
I'll try to split up some more. Though, the machines currently running are all high-end. 64gb or more ram, water-cooled cpu core i7 or higher. SSD and nv-ram disks.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply. I've also tried this. No luck. I even tried cascading the hubs, as this is sometimes done as well. (spent already over 400€ on usb hubs Laughing). For the moment I've connected them to USB 3 ports on the computer. So far, I'm lucky.
I've restarted several times (read shutdown & cold start of the computer). They come online no problem whatsoever. I'll monitor this configuration now. Most of the times, I encounter this behaviour the day after (when the computer has been switched off for longer period).

I'll post the final solution, once everything seems stable.

Again, thanlks for the help.

Full B737-800 DSTD
ALL FDS & 0.01% OEMs
Sim-Avionics V1.94
P3D v4.5
FSUIPC v5.151

Jetcos

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a USB Bandwidth issue.

Divide the USB devices across the controllers on the PC.

I usually connect the SYScards and CDU's on the Avionics PC. 2 USB Hubs.

On a second PC (Utility) I connect the ELEC/CAB, MCP and EFIS'. 1 USB Hub.

I also run the Flight Illusion gauges on the Avionics PC and the Ethernet radios on the Utility PC.

You could run the SYSBoard controller on the P3D PC and run your USB radios if that is what you have 1 USB Hub
GDR

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Got it working now, I think and still all connected to one dedicated computer. I was using some usb-ethernet-usb converters as the computers are not behind the cockpit (space issue).
Apparently, this is not as good as they say on the web. Normally, you can cover up to 100 meters. I assume if you are using simple devices.

Now, I'm using some standard usb 2.0 extension cable, bearing in mind not to exceed the 3 / 5 meter limit. Now it's working fine.

Laughing Laughing

Just to let you know if you runs into the same issue.

Full B737-800 DSTD
ALL FDS & 0.01% OEMs
Sim-Avionics V1.94
P3D v4.5
FSUIPC v5.151

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: