777 MX MCP encoder issues?

This section of the Sim-A Forum is for support issues.
Only a few Clear Rules Here:
1. No Rants. Rants will be deleted and the poster contacted. All focus here is to assist in the spreading of information to better assist all Sim-A users. Most of the people helping are not paid employees.
2. Be Polite. We want all Sim-A users to experience the fantastic elements that make Sim-A what it is. Being able to communicate here will allow the info to be the focus.
3. Time. We do not have someone on the Forum 24/7 so please allow members to jump in to help when needed.
4. Most important. This is not a "Issue" forum. If you feel there is an issue then please email support@sim-Avionics.com and Mark will review that. This is a commercial product and erroneous reports do harm.

Moderators: Jetcos, MarkHastings

kand

777 MX MCP encoder issues?

Post by kand »

Hi, have recently gone from the Jetmax MCP to the 777 MX, SimA 1.94. System controller is running on an i7 6700k. All USB power saving is disabled through registry settings.

With the jetmax I used to notice encoder lag, eg when selecting altitudes or speed the 7 segment display would not keep up with the turning of the encoder. I am getting the same behaviour with the MX so a couple of questions?

1) The auto/1000 switch seems to work, but regularly when set to register 1000 it starts missing a round 1000 and a 100 value creeps in. On the next pulse the 1000s are back but there is a rogue 100 in there, eg 1000,2000,3000,4000, 5300, 6300, 7300 etc etc

2) The encoder lag, its almost like a latency issue where irrespective of the amount of turns, the MCP can only send a default number of pulses.

Is there anything that can be done to improve on these?

Are the latest drivers installed by simA or is there something available elsewhere?

kand

Post by kand »

So a quick update for anyone else who may have issues.

I moved my MCP and navradio onto a different PC and ran a 2nd system controller, the lag has now gone. It seems (for me anyway) running all of the Jetmax boards (including an fds1 sys1x 256) seems to bog down the system controller.

I didnt realise you could run multiple system controllers across the LAN.

I still have the 1000/auto problem but will play around with the acceleration clicks