Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jetmax - Altitude Intervention

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cstei255

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: Jetmax - Altitude Intervention Reply with quote

Using a Jetmax therefore there is no altitude intervention button (same w/ speed) - for the other Jetmax users what do you use instead or is there a workaround? I've read that you aren't supposed to rely on vertical speed to change altitude.

Thanks

Edit - I found this online - I am not at home so I can't test this as a solution:

A Collins MCP (since 2003) does not have the INTV buttons - Optional to add them.

When the ALT INTV button is not installed, the altitude selector knob can be pressed / pushed in. The same mechanism is also found on the 747-400, 757, 767, and 777.

jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you may use FLCH to climb or descend, which will give you a speed protection. (AC adjusts pitch to maintain desired speed, speed window being active you may "intervene" on speed.)
As long as you stay within performance limits you may use FLCH to go back to your vertical VNAV path if you had to deviate because of ATC restriction.
ex:in descent increasing dialed speed will make the AC descend more, decreasing it will make the AC level off until reaching that lower speed before resuming descent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: