Start switches solenoids

This section of the Sim-A Forum is for support issues.
Only a few Clear Rules Here:
1. No Rants. Rants will be deleted and the poster contacted. All focus here is to assist in the spreading of information to better assist all Sim-A users. Most of the people helping are not paid employees.
2. Be Polite. We want all Sim-A users to experience the fantastic elements that make Sim-A what it is. Being able to communicate here will allow the info to be the focus.
3. Time. We do not have someone on the Forum 24/7 so please allow members to jump in to help when needed.
4. Most important. This is not a "Issue" forum. If you feel there is an issue then please email support@sim-Avionics.com and Mark will review that. This is a commercial product and erroneous reports do harm.

Moderators: Jetcos, MarkHastings

efpg0708

Start switches solenoids

Post by efpg0708 »

Hi guys.

I've just installed a FDS Overhead (model FDS OH1 V2). Steve sent me the config file for sim-avionics and everything worked ok, except for the start switches which are not going back to OFF after N2 reaches 56% during engine start. (Checkbox is checked in the server).

Is there a assignment for the solenoids ?

Cheers

Eduardo

MarkHastings

Post by MarkHastings »

You'll find the start switch 'Hold' functions on the Outputs Assignments tab.

Engine
>> Start Valve Open Left
>> Start Valve Open Right

You should assign your solenoid outputs to these functions
Mark Hastings
Software Developer
Sim-Avionics

rico66

Post by rico66 »

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I am looking into hooking up some solenoid hardware not supported by SysBoard and want to send the state of the engine start ground hold to FSUIPC.

In the FSUIPC I/O Interface tab I have set this:

ENGINE_L_STARTER_HOLD=5301
ENGINE_R_STARTER_HOLD=5302

But using the Offset Monitor tab with these values, I can not see any change in Current Value.

Offset to Monitor 5301, 1 byte
Offset to Monitor 5302, 1 byte

Regards

Richard

MarkHastings

Post by MarkHastings »

Check the assignments are in the [FSUIPC_OUTPUTS] section of the FSUIPC_IO file.
Also ensure you have enabled "FSUIPC Outputs" on the Server > Control Panel Tab.

The Starter Holds are engaged when the aircraft has AC Power and the N2 is below the cutout point.
Mark Hastings
Software Developer
Sim-Avionics