Ethernet Radio issue in V 1.94 and 1.95

This section of the Sim-A Forum is for support issues.
Only a few Clear Rules Here:
1. No Rants. Rants will be deleted and the poster contacted. All focus here is to assist in the spreading of information to better assist all Sim-A users. Most of the people helping are not paid employees.
2. Be Polite. We want all Sim-A users to experience the fantastic elements that make Sim-A what it is. Being able to communicate here will allow the info to be the focus.
3. Time. We do not have someone on the Forum 24/7 so please allow members to jump in to help when needed.
4. Most important. This is not a "Issue" forum. If you feel there is an issue then please email support@sim-Avionics.com and Mark will review that. This is a commercial product and erroneous reports do harm.

Moderators: Jetcos, MarkHastings

helloo

Ethernet Radio issue in V 1.94 and 1.95

Post by helloo »

Does anyone have working Nav and Comm ethernet radios in 1.94 or 1.95?

1.94 the 7 segment display freezes after changing the frequency. On 1.95 the 7 segment displays do not work at all for me.

The sysboard recognizes that they are connected.

Mac737

Post by Mac737 »

Hi,
Not sure how you got v.1.95 as I don't see it on the Sim-Av website?.........Love to know where I can get it??

Nevertheless, with 1.94 I had a similar problem. Turned out to be the USB hub I was using AND had to split pedestal onto another PC (compared with O/Head and MIP etc). I assume you have ticked the box in SYSboard software to "Connect Ethernet devices".......you must have?

USB Hubs vary quite a bit in quality and powered USBs are better than the non-powered USBs.

Jim
FDS 737-800 FULL DSTD, FDS 2x O/H, FDS PEDESTAL, LINKED RUDDERS, 737 SHELL
P3D v5.0 HotFix 1
SIM-AV v.1.964
FSUIPC v.6.08
FSC LINKED YOKES
CFY MOTORIZED TQ (GOLD) v.3
3x OPTOMA 4K PROJECTORS & NATVIS 220deg DISPLAY
IPECO 737 CAPT & FO SEATS

efpg0708

Post by efpg0708 »

I have the Ethernet radios connected to a PC with only the radios connected. I only use powered USB hubs, and my radios freeze very often. I use 1.94 (as a mere mortal, I don’t have access to 1.95).

Cheers

Eduardo

Mac737

Post by Mac737 »

Eduardo,
Can I suggest 2 experiments?

1. Bypass USB hub and go DIRECT to PC.......see what happens. if this doesnt work....go to option 2.

2. Add Radios direct to Sim-AV main PC (i.e not a client)

I'm pretty sure its not 1.94 because most people are using it with no issues.
FDS 737-800 FULL DSTD, FDS 2x O/H, FDS PEDESTAL, LINKED RUDDERS, 737 SHELL
P3D v5.0 HotFix 1
SIM-AV v.1.964
FSUIPC v.6.08
FSC LINKED YOKES
CFY MOTORIZED TQ (GOLD) v.3
3x OPTOMA 4K PROJECTORS & NATVIS 220deg DISPLAY
IPECO 737 CAPT & FO SEATS

efpg0708

Post by efpg0708 »

Mac737 wrote:Eduardo,
Can I suggest 2 experiments?

1. Bypass USB hub and go DIRECT to PC.......see what happens. if this doesnt work....go to option 2.

2. Add Radios direct to Sim-AV main PC (i.e not a client)

I'm pretty sure its not 1.94 because most people are using it with no issues.
Hi, thanks for the answer.

I’ll try it and let you know. However, I think I’m making a little confusion here:

There is the ethernet radios (which use an ethernet plug) and the pedestal (which use an usb plug). So you are suggesting to connect the pedestal USB directly to the sim-a pc is that correct ?

The way I have it now is - Pedestal USB connected to a powered USB hub which connects to the main Sim-A pc (not a client), and the ethernet radios assigned on a client pc.

Thanks

Eduardo

helloo

Post by helloo »

I will try bypassing my USB hub and see if that changes anything. It is a powered hub.

I got 1.95 with a direct link from Mark since I was having issues with 1.94. I am not sure if it is beta or not so I will let him provide the link. I assume it is not fully ready since it is not listed on his site.