Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flap problem after installing Sim-A 1.96 - (Resolved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nav3pilot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Flap problem after installing Sim-A 1.96 - (Resolved) Reply with quote

I installed 1.96 without difficulty and was pleased with the new tiller performance and the other updates/fixes.

Unfortunately a new problem with the flaps surfaced where when I select flaps 1 the hydraulic motor runs for a long time and my Flight Illusion flaps gauge shows around 10 when the motor finally stops. The server flight controls page shows flaps 1, which agrees with the flap lever. I have data for all the other flap settings with similar results, and the gauge finally agreeing with the flap selection at flaps 40. I brought up the P3Dv4 main panel and that flap gauge agrees with my hardware flap gauge. I tried setting the flaps with keyboard commands and got results identical with using the hardware flaps lever. I performed the required default recalls in the server after installation, and tried the flaps recall several times. The flaps have been working fine and the only thing that changed was installing 1.96.

I wanted to check and see if anybody else has experienced this or maybe has any suggestions on what else I could try before I start messing with calibrations and settings that have been working forever.

Bill
JetMax 737 with JetMax TQ
FDS Overhead
P3D v4.5 Hotfix 1
Sim-A v1.96

Last edited by Nav3pilot on Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill

Did you update the Sim Avionics Aircraft as well? 1.96
The flaps seem to be adjusted to this new updated model.

If you decide not to update Aircraft Model go to Server and do a Flap Calibration. That should align everything.

Cheers
Michael
lulu47

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

Mark made a change in the flaps time transfert from UP to 5 so that it's now like on the real airplane. I had the same problem, just download the latest aircraft or update the air and the confif file if you already have the V1.90 aircraft, it is compulsory because flaps value have been change in those files. After this, just recalibrate the FI flaps gauge in the FI sofware and it will come in order.

Daniel

737NG Full DSTD MX - FDS Shell - FDSB737NG-NS6-LINER - FDS CB-Walls - IPECO CA/FO Seats
FSC Motorized TQ
Dual Opencockpit Yokes
Sim-Avionics V1.961
P3d V4.3
FSUIPC 5.15
Dual PC Windows 8.1
Nav3pilot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michael and Daniel. I had updated the aircraft but I didn't see anything in the release notes about the flaps changes. I recalibrated the FI flaps gauge and all is good.

Cheers,
Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: