CRZ Level Mach Resetting

This section of the Sim-A Forum is for support issues.
Only a few Clear Rules Here:
1. No Rants. Rants will be deleted and the poster contacted. All focus here is to assist in the spreading of information to better assist all Sim-A users. Most of the people helping are not paid employees.
2. Be Polite. We want all Sim-A users to experience the fantastic elements that make Sim-A what it is. Being able to communicate here will allow the info to be the focus.
3. Time. We do not have someone on the Forum 24/7 so please allow members to jump in to help when needed.
4. Most important. This is not a "Issue" forum. If you feel there is an issue then please email support@sim-Avionics.com and Mark will review that. This is a commercial product and erroneous reports do harm.

Moderators: Jetcos, MarkHastings

Tankleader

CRZ Level Mach Resetting

Post by Tankleader »

Hello,

The Cruise MACH number resets on FMC VNAV CRZ page anytime there is a change in altitude to a higher level.

During the programming for the flight the mach number on the INT REF page can be set to .84, but this changes during the climb phase to match the CLMB Speed and mach. This wasn't happening before. I can change the mach to .84 again and it will hold..
Thanks

Andy Elesky
P3D4.5

MarkHastings

Post by MarkHastings »

I'm unclear on your question ?
During the programming for the flight the mach number on the INT REF page can be set to .84
You don't set the MACH number on the INIT REF page. Do you mean the COST INDEX ?

Entering a new CRZ altitude will trigger a recalculation of the VNAV speeds based on your entered cost index.

The MACH is dependent on the CRZ Altitude as the speed is converted to a mach number...
ie
CI : 100
FL150
CLB Speed = 302
CLB Mach = 0.597

FL350
CLB Speed = 302
CLB Mach = 0.800

In the AIRLINE POLICY you can 'Bias' the cost index.
On the Ground : INIT REF > INDEX > MAINT >AIRLINE POLICY > Page 2 > "Cost Index Bias"

eg : Setting the Bias = 200 will have the affect of pushing the speeds up for a lower entered cost index.
Mark Hastings
Software Developer
Sim-Avionics

Tankleader

CRZ Level Mach Resetting

Post by Tankleader »

Mark,
Thanks for the information and clarification. I've noticed that my speeds have been lower since updating to 1.96 based on my cost index, but I may be imaging things since I am trying to pay more attention to what I am doing.

Thanks
Andy