ILS Problem (Resolved)

Dedicated to The Support of All Flightdeck Solutions, Ltd Products

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

Rigilkent

Re: ILS Problem (Resolved)

Post by Rigilkent »

Make sure you have the same version of the magdec.bgl file in your P3D PC (scenery/ base folder) and in the Sim-A PC (navigation folder).
This looks like the cdu using a different magdec compensation from p3d.
Andrea
Jetmax 777
FDS-MX-OH -- MCP-MX

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Did you install the MAGVAR files available on the internet?

Update those, latest NavData cycle and then run the Make Rwys. Transfer the files. Usually fixes things till you add scenery or the NavData changes.
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

benjiminus

Post by benjiminus »

Yes, I have installed the Magvar files. Before I did that, the heading on the PFD was also wrong and still different than the CDU.
B-
Inspire or Retire

benjiminus

Post by benjiminus »

I've reinstalled everything, downloaded the magvar file from aero.sors. I placed a copy of this .bgl file in both the NAVDATA file location and the Fsx/scenery/base location. I ran the Makerwy app that is in my fsx folder, then I ran the Make position file in my Sim-A's navdata location. I still have the exact same problem. My cdu is 9 degrees off. I use Navigraph for my navdata. I have been using the exact same setup since 2014, so I have no idea why I'm having trouble now. The only thing that has changed is that I finally upgraded to Windows 10.
B-
Inspire or Retire

benjiminus

Post by benjiminus »

I still have the issue.
Attachments
KMIA rwy27 pfd.PNG
KMIA rwy27 pfd.PNG (11.43 KiB) Viewed 196 times
KMIA RWY 27 cdu.PNG
KMIA RWY 27 cdu.PNG (12.23 KiB) Viewed 196 times
KMIA RWY 27 Aivlasoft.PNG
KMIA RWY 27 Aivlasoft.PNG (12.21 KiB) Viewed 196 times
B-
Inspire or Retire

Rigilkent

Post by Rigilkent »

It still appears there is a discrepancy somewhere in the magdec.

First did you update all the navigation files and ILS updates from herve sors (not just the magdec.bgl)? This should be done everytime you update the navigraph cdu.

Current magnetic variation at KMIA is 6.4W. True at kmia 27 is 267, so you'd expect a magnetic crs of 267+6.5, approximately 274, which what you see in the pfd.
In navigraph and aivlasoft you see a published crs of 272 because they do not update the magnetic variation all the time (like magdec.bgl does), and only recently magdec at kmia was 5W, so that is also correct.

What I'm not sure is wht the cdu gives 277. I fly the 777 and I have the luxury of navrad in the cdu that autmatically tunes the Ils and it always matches the pfd for me, so I cannot really comment here.

But in the end what crs is the AP tracking? if it is 274 as suggested by the pfd that is correct.
Andrea
Jetmax 777
FDS-MX-OH -- MCP-MX

benjiminus

Post by benjiminus »

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've done all that you suggested and used 272 as my final heading and used the auto land feature and the aircraft landed on the centerline. It's almost like the CDU is not reading the updated magdec.bgl.
B-
Inspire or Retire

benjiminus

Post by benjiminus »

I figured out what I was doing wrong. When a new Airac came out, I downloading and installed it, then I updated bgl file using the aero.sors web-site then I was running the "Make runway" and "build position" programs, but I should have been opening FSX and letting it build its' new database before I ran the "Make Runways" and "Build Position. Everything is spot on now. Thank you everyone that has inputted and tried to help. Hopefully this thread will help others."
B-
Inspire or Retire