SA Not Responding (Resolved)

This section of the Sim-A Forum is for support issues.
Only a few Clear Rules Here:
1. No Rants. Rants will be deleted and the poster contacted. All focus here is to assist in the spreading of information to better assist all Sim-A users. Most of the people helping are not paid employees.
2. Be Polite. We want all Sim-A users to experience the fantastic elements that make Sim-A what it is. Being able to communicate here will allow the info to be the focus.
3. Time. We do not have someone on the Forum 24/7 so please allow members to jump in to help when needed.
4. Most important. This is not a "Issue" forum. If you feel there is an issue then please email support@sim-Avionics.com and Mark will review that. This is a commercial product and erroneous reports do harm.

Moderators: Jetcos, MarkHastings

Tron3212

Re: SA Not Responding

Post by Tron3212 »

Don't worry about the VGA connection on the cards. You can easily find HDMI/DVI/DP to VGA adapters. To be honest it will be hard to find any up-to-date card with VGA. I use adapters for all my MIP monitors, except for one that is HDMI..
V/r,
Chris

FDS DSTD 777
MIP, CDU Bay, CDUx2, MCP & Efis, Glareshield, WX Radar, MCOMM-E,XPNDR-E, Soon 777MX Overhead, MCOMM-E, ACP, custom panel, and Pedestal

FlightsimPM 777 Throttle, ACE 777 Yoke, CustomSimParts 777 Brake Pressure gauge

pilotito84

Post by pilotito84 »

What would be some GPU recommendations to run Sim-avionics in 5 monitors for my Jetmax 777??? What are you guys using?

Francisco

Tron3212

Post by Tron3212 »

I would say as long as you get what the Min specs state you should be good. But a lot of this depends on the set up, is everything running on a single computer, do you run the MIP monitors on a second..etc...

All 4 of my MIP monitors are spread out between 2 GPUs (2 x RTX 480), but this computer just runs the MIP monitors.

My 2 CDUs and two 50inch TVs are spread out on two GPUs on my main machine. The TVs are connected to a GTX 1080 and the CDUs and normal computer monitor are connected to a GTX 1050 TI. This computer is pretty beefy as it literally runs everything with room to spare except the MIP monitors for my sim set-up.

So again just stick to the specs provided by Sim-A and then take in to account what the computer or computers will be expected to run.
V/r,
Chris

FDS DSTD 777
MIP, CDU Bay, CDUx2, MCP & Efis, Glareshield, WX Radar, MCOMM-E,XPNDR-E, Soon 777MX Overhead, MCOMM-E, ACP, custom panel, and Pedestal

FlightsimPM 777 Throttle, ACE 777 Yoke, CustomSimParts 777 Brake Pressure gauge

MichaelYSSY

Post by MichaelYSSY »

pilotito84 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:25 pm
What would be some GPU recommendations to run Sim-avionics in 5 monitors for my Jetmax 777??? What are you guys using?

Francisco
Francisco

Another option is to get a second avionics PC. I have one FS PC and three Avionics PC's running my 737 JetMax unit.
All four PC's have Sim Avionics loaded as like you I have Sim A Sound Module running on FS PC.

Michael
SSTD 737
Sim-Avionics v1.96
P3D 4.5/5.0 HF1
FSUIPC 6.0.8

kand

Post by kand »

FWIW, I was running 2 GT610s originally on my avionics PC. I was getting issues with the wx radar and PFD freezing.

To cut a long story short, I went to 2 GT730 4gb cards which were relatively inexpensive and all the issues went away.

pilotito84

Post by pilotito84 »

Sooo, it turns out that Steve was right. I upgraded my GPU's to a 2GB cards, re-installed Sim-avionics software and now everything is running normally with no issues. Thank you everyone for taking the time to help me with all of this issue.

Francisco

musicflieger

Post by musicflieger »

pilotito84 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:22 pm
Sooo, it turns out that Steve was right. I upgraded my GPU's to a 2GB cards, re-installed Sim-avionics software and now everything is running normally with no issues. Thank you everyone for taking the time to help me with all of this issue.

Francisco
Hi Francisco,

glad you could solve your problem!

Happy landings.... :D
Alex M.
LOWS and LOWW
Austria