A320 Panel Dimensions

Dedicated to The Support of All Flightdeck Solutions, Ltd Products

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

buddym

A320 Panel Dimensions

Post by buddym »

Does anyone have a file, files, or drawings of dimensions for the MIP, pedestal, and GLARE sections?? I need them to build the woodwork to mount them on.

Also, has anyone found a good source for the monitor to go in the CDU?? Is it 5.6 inches?
buddym
tampa,fl
A320 Builder

pcos
Site Admin

Building....

Post by pcos »

I would love to be able to fire out all the details on sizes but that is a tricky one..
Main piece of advice that everyone seems to agree on is having the panels is paramount to getting it correct.
I get as close to scale as I can but in some rare places I have to take some liberties. That and often-times hardware
mounting can create issues that you would net see until you went to mount the parts.. In this case you end up starting over..
When it comes to getting it right its wise to have the parts in place to build.
The most successful builders start with the MIP, move on to the Glare section.. down to the pdstl and then finally the overhead.
These main structures are all built around the panels, knowing the full story up front.
Hope that makes sense!
PC
Here is a site that alot of the A320 builders are using.... Keep in mind that this is the real aircraft and there can be differences when you are building something at home..
http://www.simpit.de/

buddym

Thanks Peter

Post by buddym »

Thanks very much for the info. I had thought that having the panels would be the right place to start, but I just couldn't wait to get something put together. I have build the ECAM shelf, the pedestal, and the sidestick consoles. From all of the various data I have looked at, I think I am close, but wanted to get some more concrete dimensions before continueing. How long does it take to get a A320 Elite panel shipped, and is it one section or three?

thanks again, I look forward to posting my pics alongside all the great ones I see here and there.
buddym
tampa,fl
A320 Builder

pcos
Site Admin

Ship Times

Post by pcos »

Shipping will vary alot based on what you are ordering as well as the time of year. Right now everyone is building so our production is pretty maxed.. I just finished a new production run on the A320 MIPs so they are able to ship in 2 weeks now.. Glare parts I have a few sets in stock.
PC